Looking for moms that are 30+ for motivation

Options
Hi, my name is Laura. I'm 33 and just had my second child in April. Losing weight is so much harder when you enter your 30's, and when you add kids on top of it, it makes it that much harder. i just joined mfp on Monday and would love to have some motivation buddies!

Replies

• fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 36 yr old mom with 3 girls, so I feel your pain! Feel free to add me if you would like :) I have a long ways to go to get to my goal, but slow & steady I will win this race!!! :)
  • slaughteress
    Options
    Hey Laura
    my only child is six now but I still havent lost the 20 kilos i put on from pregnancy! It really is hard to put yourself first when you have
    little ones underfoot. They can zap all your energy, will power & passion about getting your health back. Id love to be friends on MFP so we can support each other as mums determined to get back in shape.
    I had my daughter late ( I'm 40 now) & I want to live as long as I can so I can be there for her.
    Look forward to chatting
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 31. I have 3 kids (8,6, and 3). I am trying to lose the 20+ pounds I retained from each of the pregnancies.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and have a 6-year old daughter. I am on maintenance, and focusing on becoming more fit - trying to build muscle/endurance. Feel free to add me too. I check in several times per day.
  • gjammo
    gjammo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Laura, congratulations!
    I am a 35 year old mum with a 1 year old and working part time as a lawyer and also running a start up business on the side- I get bored easily lol.

All I can say is that what has helped me stay motivated is I changed my mindset from (diet, depriving myself, limiting food etc) to I want to be, feel and look healthy, fit and great. Then all you need to do is remind yourself of this daily (sometimes several times a day) and you will over time make the right choices for you. Its not about perfection it is about turning up each day and giving it your all.

AS for exercise - I run in the mornings (pretty early before husband goes to work) althugh at the moment its winter so when motivation to go into the cold doesn't happen - I get up and do an exercise DVD at home instead. Just set yourself a goal and take small steps every day to reach it - plan, schedule and make it a priority in your day and the rest will fall around your health :)

Good luck and let me know if you need any further help.

To date - I have lost about 15kgs all up :) still a little way to go to my goal but focusing now more on being healthy and fit and know that the weight will come off.
  • pHatWeenie
    pHatWeenie Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi

Im a 32 year old mum of one (feels so good saying that!)

add me if you like x
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom if 1. Will be 34 in September.
  • scrappingmom73
    scrappingmom73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a mum of 3 boys....13, 12, and 9. I've gained and lost weight for most of their lives. I would love to have some mum friends to encourage and get encouragement. Looking for some MFP friends. :)
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I will be 36 next month and have 5 kids - 17, 15, 14, 13, and 2. I am pretty much maintaining now and trying to tone up more.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    30 year old stay at home mum of 3 and part time student (studying a Bachelor of Education by distance ed.).

I am finding it hard to fit as much exercise in as I need, I had been running but as it's winter here days are shorter and my husband is out early and home late (he's a farmer) so getting a run in is impossible at the moment. I'm trying to do circuit DVDs at home for 30-45min and I do a 1hr class in town a every week.

I'm really only starting my journey and I have a long way to go (38kg) until my goal. The plan is to learn to eat healthy and move more. I don't believe in starving myself either (I eat 1800-1900 cals most days but have the odd 2000cal + days). The weight comes off more slowly for me, but I think it will be more sustainable than losing fast (I've been on a lot of restrictive diets and nothing worked to show me how to eat better or set up good lifestyle habits).

Anyway sorry about the novel! HI!!
  • drezda123
    drezda123 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi I'm 38 and a mom of 2. My kids are 6 years apart and let me tall ya the weight came off much easier with the one I had in my 20s then the one I had in my 30s. I just joined a 24 hour gym so I could go at night once everyone is asleep. I also work 2nd shift so even on my days off I am up until 2 or 3am. It makes it nice because the kids don't know I am gone and even my husband is sleeping so we don't miss any us time.
  • AfricaLatina
    AfricaLatina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes you're right it's so much harder, I feel much more tired too! I'm a mum to two girls 6 and 11, maybe we could spur each other on? good luck :) xxx
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Mom to 3 teenagers, and I just hit 39. I've set the goal for myself to be in decent shape by 40, so we'll see. I'm trying to change close to 3 decades of bad eating habits and triggers, but it's becoming a sustainable habit. Feel free to add me, I'm on every day even if I don't say much.
  • dolphingrl2481
    dolphingrl2481 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 31 yr old mom of four kids. I'm done having kids so I decided it was time once and for all to lose the last bit of baby weight. It can be challenging to find the time to take care of yourself but it can be done. Just have to find what works best for you. I welcome any new friends :)
  • zakiyyahdaniels
    zakiyyahdaniels Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me !! I'm a mom of three.. Just really started eating healthy the past 3 weeks.. I'm 34 and I'm seeing results with my exercise
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Hi there! I have two wonderful boys 7 and 12. I am 43 and yes, it's not as easy lol! I hear you ladies!!!! It can be done though and I am sure that with perseverance and consistency we can get there! Feel free to add me and lets support each other! MFP has really helped me! It's awesome to get and give support! I love checking on everyone and cheering them on! So great! Love MFP! Glad you are here!
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am 42 year olds and the Mom of 3 (13, almost 12, and 9)

Losing weight as I have gotten older is more challenging and having supportive friends helps.

Sent you a request.
  • loulou_1979
    loulou_1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 34 and have a 3 year old daughter. I weigh the same now as I did before I had her, but still have the awful baby belly that just won't go. I wasn't at my ideal weight before I got pregnant and really want to get there now!

Started MFP properly about 7 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs. The scales haven't moved at all in the past 2 weeks so getting a bit frustrated...!

Feel free to add me! x
  • loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    you can add me, im 36 and mum to 4. boys 18, 15 and 5 and a girl whos almost 3 :)
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 38 years old mom of a 2 yo daughter, working part-time. I had a wonderful and very active pregnancy and ended up thinner than I was before but unfortunately then my thyroid started playing up and now I have a couple ;-) of pounds to lose.
    Feel free to add me if you want.