Best cereals to eat on a diet?

Options
What are the best cereals to eat on a diet that actually taste good?

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Rolled oats (real oatmeal, not the instant one). It keeps you full for a while. I dice one apple in mine + cinnamon + water = deliciousness!!!!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,989 Member
    Options
    Taste is subjective. I'm not a cereal eater, but in the summer I don't mind mixing raw oats with yogurt, berries, seeds, nuts etc once in a while.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The one that you think tastes the best. I had a bowl of raisin bran last night and a bowl of Reese's Puffs a few nights ago. Delicious. I plan on eating like this for the rest of my life so I'm not going to introduce foods that I'll only ever eat while I'm losing weight.
  • JasonT1973
    JasonT1973 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It really is all about how you plan your day and what your nutritional needs happen to be.
    There are members on here that eat Lucky Charms and then work the rest of the day to get what they need.

I would recommend cereals that have fiber and low sugar: example - KASHI Go Lean Original or KASHI Berry Blossom.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    None really. Some non-flavored oatmeal would be good, other than that I would avoid cereal.
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    if your looking for a straight out of the box, makes you feel like an awesome kid again cereal, I would go for special k chocolatey
    delight.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats is surprisingly low in sugar... hmm, actually, its the generic brand. But two servings is quite filling, and only 260 calories and 12 grams of sugar. Throw in the protein from the milk and you're good to go
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats is surprisingly low in sugar... hmm, actually, its the generic brand. But two servings is quite filling, and only 260 calories and 12 grams of sugar. Throw in the protein from the milk and you're good to go

This for sure. I eat a a serving everday I work, but add a half cup of fruit cocktail
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I mix chocolate Cheerios with peanut butter Cheerios, but I have it as a snack at night. A serving size isn't enough to get me through the morning. Healthy? Meh - but I don't care as long as it fits into my calorie allotment.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I am @ Special K, Kellogg's, Cheerios person. I read the labels. Depending on what you are looking for.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I like Special K with Protein. And I'll sometimes add some raisins to sweeten it up!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    if your looking for a straight out of the box, makes you feel like an awesome kid again cereal, I would go for special k chocolatey
    delight.

Portion it out no straight out of the box anymore sorry
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Porridge, All bran, Weetabix, Shredded wheat, Alpen (no added sugar) :smile:
  • TheNewAdventuresofDanni
    Options
    I pre protion the whole box before I have a bowl. :)
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    ...and Rice Crispies!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    The kind you like? Personally, I've been eating granola lately. I make sure to weight it though, cereal portions are tricky.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    none/all of them.

I am a cereal junky and tend to overdo it, even on the healthiest, driest, most boring muesli-type stuff.

For me cereal isn't a great meal option because I don't consume animal milk so really it's just some simple carbs that leave me hungry less than an hour later, so unless I'm mixing it with some protein and fat, I try to eat it as an occasional treat.

French Toast Crunch is my :love:
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Fiber One original bran cereal helps me reach my daily fiber needs and I find it delicious! Also Kashi GoLean original :) It's got a bit of protein and some good fiber as well ^_^ It's not super delicious, but it's great!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Plain oats with lots of fruit/PB/Almonds/cinnamon ... I love it
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever cereal you want if you track the macros and calories and they fit into your daily goals.