--No Bake Energy Bites*~*~*

So healthy!! And SO easy! And SO yummy!

1 cup (dry) oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Roll into bite size balls. Refrigerate to set. Enjoy!!

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    That's one of my favorite desserts ever. The only difference is, I microwave it and prefer to eat it hot. So. Damn. Good. INCREDIBLY high in calories though, and I can't stick to just "one" measley serving.
  • ailixia
    ailixia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How many does this recipe make? Do you know calorie count?
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    calories???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    would you happen to know what the calorie info is on these
  • 01MnMs
    01MnMs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make something similar. I mix 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 TBSP of peanut butter and 1 TBSP of honey. I eat it with a cut up apple. I eat half of the mix above, my daughter eats the rest. It is higher in calories so I usually eat it for a quick lunch. I find that I don't get hungry until dinner time when I eat this.
  • mrcracing
    Options
    I also make these but I add coconut to it as well. HAve added other nuts and fruits like dried cranberries too. Been going to add quinoa to it for added protein. These healthy treats are a big hit at home and at work.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would substitute hemp seeds for the flax seeds. Sounds good otherwise.
  • azulstar
    azulstar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Instead of the chocolate chips, I add 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes. It is DELICIOUS, but very high in calories. I added it up and for 18 small balls (about 1-inch in diameter) it's 116 calories each ball!
  • alyjb1121
    alyjb1121 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I wonder if using dark chocolate would be better, it's usually a bit lower in counts. I think i will make a recipe of this to see calorie and etc coutns before actually making it, but it sounds good!