Anyone want to be buddies with a newcomer?!

Options
Hi,
I'm new to the site today! I have an almost one year old beautiful little boy and I am still hanging on to this post-partum weight. Today I weigh in at 190lbs. My goal is to lose 60lbs so I can reach goal of 130lbs. Ideally, I will be able to lose about 2lbs a week now that I am able to count calories and step up my exercise routine (was breastfeeding previously and the weight loss just wasn't happening). My motivation - a beach vacation in February 2011. I have exactly 6 months until the vacation to shed some unwanted pounds. Anyone want to be buddies on the site to keep each other honest and just check in for progress?

Replies

• emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Would love to be your buddy!!
    Good luck with your goals...I am sure you will do well. This site has a great community of members that are so supportive of each other. I am sure you will love it as much as I do!!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request...I have 2 little boys (1 and 3 y.o.)! I think little guys are so much fun...and they sure love their mama!! :heart:
  • daddydub
    daddydub Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your partner in encouragement. I've been at it for 2 months and lost 13 lbs. I don't want to burst your bubble but losing 10 lbs a month is going to be very hard unless you consume less than 1200 calories per day for the next 6 months..and work out 5 days a week...and get lots of sleep, which will be hard for you with a little baby at home.

Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Would love to be your buddy!!
    Good luck with your goals...I am sure you will do well. This site has a great community of members that are so supportive of each other. I am sure you will love it as much as I do!!

Excellent, sent you a friend request!
  • bk2011
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request...I have 2 little boys (1 and 3 y.o.)! I think little guys are so much fun...and they sure love their mama!! :heart:

Thanks, looking forward to chatting with you!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • bk2011
    Options
    I'd love to be your partner in encouragement. I've been at it for 2 months and lost 13 lbs. I don't want to burst your bubble but losing 10 lbs a month is going to be very hard unless you consume less than 1200 calories per day for the next 6 months..and work out 5 days a week...and get lots of sleep, which will be hard for you with a little baby at home.

Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Thanks! I know I probably won't reach goal by Feb, but want to be well on my way! I think initially I should be able to lose 2lbs a week (for a month or two I would think), and then expect it to slow down considerably! I think by vacation I would like to be at least halfway to my goal...I would be happy with that!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site!

I joined last Monday, and have already lost 6 pounds! You've come to the right place if you're looking for support and motivation! I'll send you a friend request...we can do it!!

Trisha
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    i started just 4 below you and have taken off 10 pounds...i would love to be "pals"! i'm pretty much a newcomer being that i barely logged in ever...anyhow, forever it seemed that i wasn't taking off the weight, but yet my BMI was changing...it was weird...i've been into a lot of jillian michael's, the biggest loser workouts and a lot of strength training...here and there some yoga...jillian michael's style...running really seems to take it off too...i wish you the best of luck and can't wait to hear about your achievements!
  • butrfly86
    Options
    I'd love a new buddy!! The more I hold myself accountable to others, the better I stay on track with my goals!! You'll love this site. Everyone is extremely supportive and motivational.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your mission! As previously said 10lbs a month will be a big ask but then I thought that too and I've pretty consistently lost 2-3 lbs a week for the last 5-6 weeks. Just takes motivation, exercise and sticking to a plan! Feel free to add me if you wanna :)
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    Great! Glad you are here! Sure, count me in as one of your many new buddies. I am all for new motivation. I will also send you a friend request. Here's to melting pounds away!! :drinker:
  • dhaverly
    Options
    Hi there! I would love to be buddies! I just started this site about a week ago myself. I've never been this heavy in my life and feel very uncomfortable in my skin these days. I weighed myself on my scale when I first started this and it said 182, then over this weekend, I was at a friends house and her scale weighed me at 192.....yikes! I weighed myself this morning on my own scale and it read 181.2....i think i should probably go to the doctor to get the most accurate weight! Any way, sorry i'm babbling on and on, but I guess this is what this site is all about! Look forward to chatting with you! :)
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've been here for quite a while, it's a great site! I'll add you as a friend!
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your buddy. I just started yesterday and can use all the support I can get. I have an 8 year old boy and quit smoking when I was pregnant. I have continued to gain weight since the pregnancy. I feel I am finally at a point where it's time for me to take control and do something. I would love to be able to run and play with my son and not be out of breath.
  • mrspeabody
    Options
    I just started on this site yesterday. I'm really excited about doing this. I love the idea of having the support of people who know exactly how hard this is. I weigh 210. I understand how difficult it is to balance taking care of the kids and taking care of yourself. Send me a friend request if you don't have too many already.:smile:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm a Mommy too and I think we have similar weight loss goals. I will send you a friend request if you would like to be weight loss buddies.