Eating after midnight - next day?

Options
I've reached my daily limit of 1000 calories but I feel oh so hungry. I had a packet of walkers crisps an hour ago and now I'm on 998 calories for today. But I'm craving for another. If I eat them after 12 midnight in about 2 hours, is it considered the next day or would I be cheating myself?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Why are you on only 1000 calories?
    The minimum 1200 mfp sets is there for a reason.
  • shezll
    shezll Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here we go again :noway:
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Eat them. Track them (for today). It's okay.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    don't feed after midnight and don't get wet. I bet you don't like bright lights as well !
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    IF I overeat in the morning but go to bed hungry I wake up the next day looking thinner because my body went for a long time without food. Even if the nutrition log says I overate for that day. Our bodies don't run on a set schedule where one day's calories are separate from another.

As long as the AVERAGE of your two days of calories are at goal, you don't need to worry.

So if you've eaten more last night, eat less today.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Why are you on only 1000 calories?
    The minimum 1200 mfp sets is there for a reason.

QFT
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    You are probably hungry because 1000 calories is not enough for anyone other than short invalids. (If you are a short invalid, disregard).

I wouldn't eat crisps though, they won't help with your hunger. Have something like a boiled egg.
  • VeganHippo
    VeganHippo Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone. I waited until after midnight but now the craving has gone. Tomorrow's another day :)

Oh and for those asking why I'm on 1000 calories, I weigh 47kg and I'm 5'2. Now I know you must be thinking that's not overweight. The problem with my body is that almost 80% of my body fat is around the stomach area. I'm always bloated and I look heavily pregnant. I workout at the gym for an hour everyday losing just over 350 calories according to MFP.

My BMR is 1280 and if I eat over 1000 calories, then I won't be able to create a 500 calorie deficit that's recommended for weight loss.
  • VeganHippo
    Options
    You are probably hungry because 1000 calories is not enough for anyone other than short invalids. (If you are a short invalid, disregard).

I wouldn't eat crisps though, they won't help with your hunger. Have something like a boiled egg.

Hi thank you for your advice. I'm 5'2 so I guess I'm pretty short and yet I still feel hungry all the time. As for eating eggs, unfortunately I can't as I'm a vegan. Thank you once again :)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd stick my finger down my throat so I could eat two packages of crackers before midnight.

Game, set and match.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Everything I've read said no fewer than 1200 cals per day for anyone unless medically necessary. I'm also short and I lost almost 45 pounds in nine months doing between 1200 and 1500 calories per day.

If you're feeling hungry, it's probably because you are. Eat something.

Also, focus on how you're spending your calories. Eliminate empty calories that don't meet nutritional needs when you're eating that few calories. If you want a cupcake, eat the cupcake. But then that should be a 1500 calorie day, not 1000 calories minus the 300 cal cupcake. If that makes any sense.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You should not be eating 1000kcal!
    I'm 5ft and my BMR is 1609. Eat more.

If you really want to try a starvation type diet try ADF (Alternate Dat fasting) or the 5:2 diet.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone. I waited until after midnight but now the craving has gone. Tomorrow's another day :)

Oh and for those asking why I'm on 1000 calories, I weigh 47kg and I'm 5'2. Now I know you must be thinking that's not overweight. The problem with my body is that almost 80% of my body fat is around the stomach area. I'm always bloated and I look heavily pregnant. I workout at the gym for an hour everyday losing just over 350 calories according to MFP.

My BMR is 1280 and if I eat over 1000 calories, then I won't be able to create a 500 calorie deficit that's recommended for weight loss.

You need to eat more and continue to exercise to change your body composition. Many on here will tell you to lift heavy to do that. Since you already go to the gym for an hour, you need to look at the type of exercise you do. I am no expert but there are lots of thread here that talk about changing body fat to muscle and how to go about doing that. By eating so little, you are going to mess up your metabolism and that isn't a good thing.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Don't lose more weight. That's really thin. Start eating more protein and lifting weights. It sounds like you're starving yourself to lose weight that doesn't need to be lost.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If it were me I'd stick my finger down my throat so I could eat two packages of crackers before midnight.

Game, set and match.

Totally being facetious.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i would guess you are hungry because your goal is at 1000...
    not sure why you are on this site
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've reached my daily limit of 1000 calories....

Unless you're a 2 foot tall dwarf....

((DOUBLE FACE PALM))
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    and 47kg for your height is perfectly healthy. if you want to try and look better or feel better try lifting, and eat more.
  • VeganHippo
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone. I'm too weak to lift weights. I've actually tried on numerous occasions but I think I might not have the will power to try harder. My workout sessions are cardio based.
    and 47kg for your height is perfectly healthy. if you want to try and look better or feel better try lifting, and eat more.

I know darling but I just can't go on looking pregnant :( If you look at my diary, I've gone over my daily limit of 1000 calories more often than not. However during the last few days my motivation has gone up somehow and I'm now ready to lose my flab.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    To get rid of your belly fat I think you need to do more than just cardio exercises. To build the muscles you want you will probably need more than 1000 calories a day.

I'm 5'3", and my lifestyle setting is sedentary. If I were to set my weight loss goal to 1 pound a week (which I don't, but just as an example), my calorie goal would be 1390 a day. This already includes the deficit I need to lose the weight. So if MFP tells you you need 1200 calories, that already includes the deficit you need and you don't need to subtract any more calories from it.

If you feel like you can't lift weights (yet), maybe try something like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? It's an interval workout with some cardio and also some light weights (I use 1 or 2 kg weights (2-4 pounds), which is not a lot at all, anybody can lift those!), it also uses your own body weight (like by doing planks and such to strengthen your core muscles).

Also, I saw a great inspirational thread a couple of days ago in the Success Stories, it was about a girl (I don't remember her name unfortunately), who gained 5 lbs but her body was completely transformed and so much slimmer! She lifts heavy I think, but it just goes to show that you don't need to lose a lot of weight to transform your body :). Who knows, it might work for you too!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, keep us posted (or add me as a friend if you'd like) :)