Eating after midnight - next day?

Options

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you have IBS, you're not overweight so losing weight won't help the IBS bloat, get your diet under control (as in types of food) and see a doctor about the eating disorder you're cultivating.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I totally missed the vegan part! :(

I would still try to include something with protein/fat together if you are feeling utterly ravenous, instead of crisps.
  • VeganHippo
    VeganHippo Posts: 26
    Options
    To get rid of your belly fat I think you need to do more than just cardio exercises. To build the muscles you want you will probably need more than 1000 calories a day.

I'm 5'3", and my lifestyle setting is sedentary. If I were to set my weight loss goal to 1 pound a week (which I don't, but just as an example), my calorie goal would be 1390 a day. This already includes the deficit I need to lose the weight. So if MFP tells you you need 1200 calories, that already includes the deficit you need and you don't need to subtract any more calories from it.

If you feel like you can't lift weights (yet), maybe try something like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? It's an interval workout with some cardio and also some light weights (I use 1 or 2 kg weights (2-4 pounds), which is not a lot at all, anybody can lift those!), it also uses your own body weight (like by doing planks and such to strengthen your core muscles).

Also, I saw a great inspirational thread a couple of days ago in the Success Stories, it was about a girl (I don't remember her name unfortunately), who gained 5 lbs but her body was completely transformed and so much slimmer! She lifts heavy I think, but it just goes to show that you don't need to lose a lot of weight to transform your body :). Who knows, it might work for you too!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, keep us posted (or add me as a friend if you'd like) :)

Thank you Rianne. Wow I'm definitely going to start lifting as of today :) As for workout dvds, I've tried numerous including Jillian Michaels, however I'm so useless i can't even perform basic technique like push-ups. I've also tried Insanity and that was super hard and I only lasted 10 minutes. I've added you as a friend. Thank you :)
  • VeganHippo
    Options
    Sorry, I totally missed the vegan part! :(

I would still try to include something with protein/fat together if you are feeling utterly ravenous, instead of crisps.

Oh you didn't miss the vegan part. I changed my username lol
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Here we go again :noway:

this!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    To get rid of your belly fat I think you need to do more than just cardio exercises. To build the muscles you want you will probably need more than 1000 calories a day.

I'm 5'3", and my lifestyle setting is sedentary. If I were to set my weight loss goal to 1 pound a week (which I don't, but just as an example), my calorie goal would be 1390 a day. This already includes the deficit I need to lose the weight. So if MFP tells you you need 1200 calories, that already includes the deficit you need and you don't need to subtract any more calories from it.

If you feel like you can't lift weights (yet), maybe try something like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? It's an interval workout with some cardio and also some light weights (I use 1 or 2 kg weights (2-4 pounds), which is not a lot at all, anybody can lift those!), it also uses your own body weight (like by doing planks and such to strengthen your core muscles).

Also, I saw a great inspirational thread a couple of days ago in the Success Stories, it was about a girl (I don't remember her name unfortunately), who gained 5 lbs but her body was completely transformed and so much slimmer! She lifts heavy I think, but it just goes to show that you don't need to lose a lot of weight to transform your body :). Who knows, it might work for you too!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, keep us posted (or add me as a friend if you'd like) :)

Thank you Rianne. Wow I'm definitely going to start lifting as of today :) As for workout dvds, I've tried numerous including Jillian Michaels, however I'm so useless i can't even perform basic technique like push-ups. I've also tried Insanity and that was super hard and I only lasted 10 minutes. I've added you as a friend. Thank you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fhGXc6W-FI

Do that video as many times in a row as you can....trust me it does tone, cardio, strength (put some small hand & leg weights on & your going to improve that weight thing.... and go for it.
  • VeganHippo
    Options
    Your profile says you have IBS, you're not overweight so losing weight won't help the IBS bloat, get your diet under control (as in types of food) and see a doctor about the eating disorder you're cultivating.

Hi yes I suffer from IBS but I also have a lot of fat on my stomach. Thank you for your advice :) xx
  • VeganHippo
    Options

Do that video as many times in a row as you can....trust me it does tone, cardio, strength (put some small hand & leg weights on & your going to improve that weight thing.... and go for it.

Oh thank you. This looks easy enough. I'll try it tonight :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

My BMR is 1280 and if I eat over 1000 calories, then I won't be able to create a 500 calorie deficit that's recommended for weight loss.

The 500 calorie deficit should come from the TDEE number, not BMR. You should never eat below BMR. TDEE is higher than BMR. Your TDEE is your total activity per day, including exercise and therefore exercise allows for a greater daily calorie intake, which is NECESSARY to fuel workouts. You probably can't lift weights or do 30 Day Shred, etc because your body is in a weakened state from undernourishment. You are also losing much of your muscles to undereating.

If you really want to be healthy, fit, and slender, I suggest you do more research, because you are currently going down a path that will create either lifelong dieting withOUT the results you desire, or an eating disorder.

There are so many examples of people losing weight, reaching their goal, and being fit, healthy and slender WHILE STILL EATING rather normally, so why would you attempt to do it any other way??
  • tejano714
    tejano714 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For Sure after 12:00am likke 12:01 I track them the next day. Got to be consistant with something.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your BMI is 18.2, you are already considered underweight. I think you really need to sort out the IBS, losing more weight is not going to help you being bloated
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Raise you're calorie allowance u will feel better....
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I use to blow my diet by waking up in the middle of the night and eating something like ice cream and tons of sugary crap. I felt ravenous and could eat over 3,000 calories a day like that.

I counted it for the next day if i woke up closer to my waking time, and counted as that day if it is closer to the time when I fell asleep. It's simple.

i finally found out what was causing the middle of the night cravings, it was consumption of simple high GI carbs spiking my blood sugar and my sugar was crashing in the middle of the night as a result. When i started doing low carb, my middle of the night cravings stopped. Yet in the morning i feel hungry as hell, I just delayed it by reducing my carbs and types of carbs, but my calorie deficit is also causing hunger.

your problem is not enough calories and probably consuming high GI carbs causing your blood sugar to crash.
  • BL4ckPanth3r
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone. I waited until after midnight but now the craving has gone. Tomorrow's another day :)

Oh and for those asking why I'm on 1000 calories, I weigh 47kg and I'm 5'2. Now I know you must be thinking that's not overweight. The problem with my body is that almost 80% of my body fat is around the stomach area. I'm always bloated and I look heavily pregnant. I workout at the gym for an hour everyday losing just over 350 calories according to MFP.

My BMR is 1280 and if I eat over 1000 calories, then I won't be able to create a 500 calorie deficit that's recommended for weight loss.

you sound as though you have an issue with your adrenal glands --> body is producing more than the normal amount of the stress hormone cortisol... read up on it, or check out some vids on youtube, may want to make some lifestyle changes such as getting better sleep...

also, BMR stands for Base Metabolic Rate... meaning that is the minimum energy your body needs to survive, if you do absolutely nothing all day that is your caloric intake. Now, if your putting your body in to starvation mode its going to mess up your hormones and likely to also produce more cortisol to aid fat storage (especially around your vital organs --> make you look/ feel bloated????), and make your body cannibalize your muscle... the less muscle you have the lower your BMR will become, therefor lowering your caloric intake to maintain your body (homeostasis)....

eat above your BMR! build muscle! Sleep!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Also, if you haven't yet, talk to your doctor/dietician about the foods you might want to avoid with your IBS. This will also help with the bloating and will probably make you feel better/happier with yourself as well :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    102 lbs with a goal weight 88 lbs is a tough cross to bear.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :noway: *face palm*
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    500 calorie deficit is for a 2lb a week loss, at your weight you really should be aiming for a much lower loss, if any at all.
    I think you should be aiming at the body re-comp rather than weight loss, which could even mean eating a surplus to build muscle.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Oh thank you. This looks easy enough. I'll try it tonight :)

Don't be fooled. I'm very fit & on some days I find it hard to do. But then I have 3kg each leg weight & 3kg each hand as well & then I do 6 - 7 times in a row. Bloody goo burn for cals, and I'm only doing it during the winter cause I can't run outside in the col (cold hates me)