carbs and protein advice

Options
Gavery1
Gavery1 Posts: 74 Member
Hi I am struggling to lose weight despite staying below my calories and exercising 5 times a week. I've had problems before and tried lowering my carbs and this seamed to work. I want to do it sensibly though and have changed my goals to 30% Carb 30% fat and 40% protein. Can anyone tell me if this seams OK? My calorie goal is 1200 and I eat back most of calories burnt. Thanks.

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's ok.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    personally i'd say eat more low cal foods to increase your quantity and yes more protein.. also not sure what you are doing for exercise but lifting super important and then some cardio like intervals so that you are hitting your high heart rate.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    You mean you kept the same calorie levels when you lowered the carbs? ie.. made the calories up somewhere else?
  • Gavery1
    Options
    Thanks. Yes I do interval training. My calories were already set at 1200 but I just changed my Carb/fat/protein %.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    how do you change your breakdown so that your % of carbs, fats protein are different?
  • Gavery1
    Options
    Go to my goals, customize goals. Then it will give u a list of what you can change.
  • ajominy
    ajominy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :)
  • LUZITNOW711
    Options
    A 4lb. loss is good....Just continue what you are doing.