travellers, what are the best/cheap things to do in paris?

Options
Noenvynofear
Noenvynofear Posts: 137 Member
goong for three days on a student budget :)

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Try to get on the street art tour (you can google paris street art tour). It's a blast. Invest in the museum pass. It gets you into most of the museums and monuments you want to see for a lot cheaper than paying for each individually.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You can walk pretty much everywhere in Paris, so saves money on the métro, and you get some exercise in!

The Batobus is good, you can get on and off again at main tourist spots- near the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs Élysées etc.

The Louvre, obviously, the Sacré Coeur, Jardin de Tuilleries......
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Place St Michel late evening, just to hang out. You got everything there, view of Notre Dame and the Seine, street performers, and some really great small restaurants in the latin quarter... I head straight there every time I'm in Paris.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Pigalle in the red light district....but you need to shop around and negotiate the price.....
  • kf4vkp
    kf4vkp Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Buy a baguette (yes, I know, bread is evil or something), then experience the joy of walking through the neighborhoods, eating it as you walk.

I walked through all the little neighborhoods, and shopped at the local grocery or bakery when I got hungry.... so much better than tourist paris.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    You can walk pretty much everywhere in Paris, so saves money on the métro, and you get some exercise in!

The Batobus is good, you can get on and off again at main tourist spots- near the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Champs Élysées etc.

The Louvre, obviously, the Sacré Coeur, Jardin de Tuilleries......

The Batobus is a great idea. I am going to Paris today and will do this. Also look forward to eating naughty food like confit du canard, salade aux gesiers, steak tartar + frites, and a Parisian hotdog (12 inch baguette, 2 grilled hotdogs, melted gruyere cheese and dijon mustard).
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    Visiting Sacre Couer/Montmartre? Go to Le Refuge des Fondues, the most fantastic fondue restaurant in France. It's a tiny place with one long table which you are helped to climb over to get to your seat, so you end up getting to know the people you're sitting beside very well! It's a €20 set menu of either cheese or meat fondue (go for the cheese one, it's delicious), ice cream and either red or white wine served in a baby's bottle. It's quirky, busy, eccentric and great fun - an experience all of it's own. Definitely try to get a reservation though - when we went we had to queue outside before we could get in.

http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/le-refuge-des-fondues-paris