Changes in what I can eat since losing weight

Options
tooliebell
tooliebell Posts: 177 Member
Since losing about 90 pounds total in the past 2 years, I can no longer eat eggs or drink milk without have severe tummy troubles. Hard to imagine that losing weight would have caused these issues but what else could it be? The milk issue has come up recently, I used to enjoy a nice bowl of cereal as my snack, but now it causes me a tummy ache. I'll be honest, I haven't been brave enough to try just drinking a glass of milk to see if it is milk or the cereal. I guess it could possibly be the cereal....but we are talking corn flakes or cinnamon life.

Any ideas on why the sudden change in what my tummy can handle in regards to milk and eggs?

Replies

• caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Milk & I don't get along, either. Most people I know have problems with dairy after becoming an adult, I think it's normal. Try unsweetened vanilla almond milk in your cereal, it's tasty.

This is copy & pasted from the mayo clinic website: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lactose-intolerance/DS00530/DSECTION=causes

Normal result of aging for some people (primary lactose intolerance)
    Normally, your body produces large amounts of lactase at birth and during early childhood, when milk is the primary source of nutrition. Usually your lactase production decreases as your diet becomes more varied and less reliant on milk. This gradual decline may lead to symptoms of lactose intolerance.

Result of illness or injury (secondary lactose intolerance)
    This form of lactose intolerance occurs when your small intestine decreases lactase production after an illness, surgery or injury to your small intestine. It can occur as a result of intestinal diseases, such as celiac disease, gastroenteritis and an inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease. Treatment of the underlying disorder may restore lactase levels and improve signs and symptoms, though it can take time.
  • synysterplague
    Options
    ever since i started my diet, i cant eat ANYTHING with grease, or i get really, really sick. Even if its like a little bit of fat or anything. And since i went to mcdonalds yesterday and got a mcchicken ive been sick :( i will never eat anything off this diet again i swear lol