Who is your cell phone provider?!

Options
weinbagel
weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
This is totally not fitness/food related, BUT, I don't know where else to post it. Plus, you guys are helpful, soooo...

I'm thinking of switching from Verizon to T-Mobile for two reasons:

1. I want to get the iPhone5, but I am WAY too stubborn to lose my unlimited data plan (how can they *kitten* over a 10-year loyal customer?!?!?!)
2. T-Mobile is cheaper based on a family plan, and I will purchase unlimited data from them.

So my question is for those of you who have T-Mobile! Anything I should be aware of before I make the switch??

Replies

• KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    T-Mobile works great in the cities but if you plan to travel the coverage can be spotty.
  • ElevatorSoup
    Options
    I provide my own cell phone.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have sprint and they have unlimited data.

Sprint is the only cell phone provider that gives me coverage where I live.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I think my wife got mine for me.
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The NSA is my cell phone provider. Apparently they are also my internet provide also ;-) I'm a verizon subscriber so I am of no help to you!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've been with T-mo for over 10 years and have been pretty happy with their service and coverage. They used to have pretty shoddy coverage in outlying areas, but have expanded in recent years. That being said, they aren't nearly as good as say, Verizon, for more rural areas.
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Rogers... and they suck !
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Had Verizon. Great coverage, never ever had a time when I was without. Wanted the new HTC One (Great phone) and switched to T-Mobile. I live in Downtown Grand Rapids, Mi and I don't get coverage in my own home or anywhere in my area. I have to use the WiFi calling through my modem, which is fine until we loose power or the connection get's dropped. My husband also has the HTC One on T-Mobile. He is a pool and spa service tech in the West Michigan area and most places he doesn't have service either. Soon as we have the phones paid off we are going to have them unlocked and swap to a better provider. You couldn't pay me to sign up with T-Mobile again.

The T-Mobile coverage map says this whole area should be covered but alas it is not.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My husband provided my cell phone. :laugh: (AT&T provides the data plan.)
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    we have verizon, and pay monthly for unlimited data. we also have their family plan, which covers up to five people. however, we pay per text message.
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I looked into T-Mobil yesterday as I was thinking about switching. Come to find out their new thing with no contracts means you pay full price for the phones now. It says $99 for the s4 but then it says this is the down payment total due $500+ at $25 a month. (Something like that). I will stick with Sprint.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I looked into T-Mobil yesterday as I was thinking about switching. Come to find out their new thing with no contracts means you pay full price for the phones now. It says $99 for the s4 but then it says this is the down payment total due $500+ at $25 a month. (Something like that). I will stick with Sprint.

I noticed that too... but then I realized it evens out in the long run haha.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Thanks all! I live in a big city, so I'm HOPING I will have coverage haha
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    I've been with T-mobile for yrs now. Love them. I have bars when AT&T customers don't. But there are a few places that my phone doesn't get great coverage. It just varies.

As soon as my phone dies I'm getting a nicer phone thru them.

I like the idea that once your phone is paid off your bill goes down too.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Had US Cellular, Sprint bought them.. didn't like Sprint's coverage.. but went with Sprint anyway because they basically gave me a new HTC One
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    *brit wades in*

We have a horrible provider called EE that is rubbish in rural areas. Don't get them if you are in a village - that happens to be six miles outside of one of the main cities in the country.

*brit wades out*
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

You always pay full price for the phone. Most other carries just charge you $25 as part of the plan... and the when the phone is paid off, you still pay it. Math!

I'm a TMO customer. The coverage is indeed spotty in remote areas, but fine where I happen to be.

I pay $100 for a 2-line family plan, unlimited text. The data is unlimited... meaning, no overage charge, but you get the first 10GB at 4G speed, then it goes down to 2G.

One other really cool feature is wifi-calling. If I'm in a big gigantic metal building (oh, like my GYM...) that has no signal, then it can route the calls and text over wifi. Brilliant!

Where else can you get that for 50/month?
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Verizon.
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Depends on coverage. I work for one of the providers so if you have a location I can tell you the coverage there.

Also as a note - people rarely use the unlimited data. When I say rarely, I mean < 1%