newbie saying hi

Options
hi everyone,

I'm a student that loathes working out but as a result has started a very bad cycle that will only get worse with age. I want to be healthy and feel like i look good again. I hit 150 lbs a month ago (I'm 5'4" and I used to weigh 115 when i was running 3 miles a day and dancing) and it put me into shock. I'm kinda lost with the food diary since things aren't matching my food lables but i'm sure i'll figure it out. This is only a ball park anyway. I just turned 25 and I want to look good and be thrilled with my body for my 26th birthday. Guess that's the short version of me, nice to meet you all.

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    :smile: You can do this. Just take one day at a time. You'll get there!
  • Netta2015
    Netta2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm also new, joined yesterday. Already loving the Food Tracker, really makes you accountable for what you eat all day! I'm also 5'4", currently 162lbs. I used to be very active @ 139 lbs (dancing & exercise), now i have 2 little boys and its hard to find time for myself. Trying to hit my goal weight of 135. I'm glad i've found a good support site.... :0)
  • mewillrockyou
    mewillrockyou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi! just joined today and i wish you luck! im 5'4 and i know what its like to see numbers that youve never seen before. you've got support! <3
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the support. Now that I finally am getting myself motivated I'm fighting feeling a little blue that I've let myself get out of shape so poorly. Ithas been YEARS since i worked out. I do love the food tracker and i also use mypramid.gov because that shows me nutritional balances in the 5 food groups. While there are differences between MFP and the other it helps me track trends and try to make sure my body is as balanced as possible.