I like wearing women's T-shirts now!

Options
Before I joined MFP, I lost 50 pounds on WW. Now that it's summer, I am really enjoying feeling confident wearing T-shirts cut for a woman's figure, i.e. tapered in at the waist. I feel like it shows off my figure and makes a simple T-shirt look more feminine.

It may seem like a small thing, but I'm enjoying it!

Replies

• SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling for you!! Congrats
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 50 pound loss! that's awesome!!

I was actually just talking about this with my mom this morning! I used to wear a men's medium, and now I can fit into a men's small, but I like the way the women's shirts (babydoll cut) fit now! I used to hate the tightness in the midsection and the shorter sleeves, but now I love showing off my curves and my arms!
  • chrisykramer
    chrisykramer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have some great tshirts that I used to wear all the time and I love what they say on them but when I put them on, I fell like I am wearing a bag.
    Congrats on the 50 lbs gone! :o)
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!
    Have you found a particular brand of t-shirt you really like? I find it is hard to find the tapered ones. I would love to hear about some of your favorites. Thanks.

Marie
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    that's awesome! Buying a new wardrobe of nice clothes that fit and accentuate your body is such a confidence booster, I think people should do it even if they haven't yet reached their goal. It helps you appreciate and see your body in a new light rather than hiding it behind frumpy/loose-fitting clothing.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    It's the small things we should celebrate. Cherish every pound you lose, you worked for it. It is a personal achievement.
  • susanr613
    susanr613 Posts: 22
    Options
    Marie, I don't have a favorite brand. I did just pick up a patriotic shirt at Kohls, and my ex bought me a women's T at the NHL finals the other night.
  • kelseykauffman
    Options
    Oh I know that feeling too! When I was 13-17, I was very-very overweight and often just wore unisex (but pushing more towards males) shirts. Before MFP (because I just started yesterday ;] ), I lost 50lbs on my own and fixing some unresolved health issues. It was wonderful to feel like a woman finally, to actually have a body shape worth showing in actual female-form clothes. I can still now, just starting to lose the comfort factor -- which is why I'm on here :D