Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fine tuning my upper half, HELP

Hello!

I have lost just about 19lbs in a little over 3 months. I have started this for my wedding which is in October 2013. I have done a good job in losing the weight but its my upper half that has not had any good results... I need help on how to lose that under arm and around the bust zone fat. I have lost nothing I feel in my bust and the weight is being lost in the worst spots my bottom, which was already flat to begin with... The fat around my mid section/stomach has been great to lose too but now what do I do about my upper self (bust and shoulder area (that wraps around the back) along with under armpit fat. The more I read it says that is one of the hardest spots to tone because it really just has to do about losing fat, but if the fat is getting lost there ... What do i do to push that weight loss?

All tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Ladies with similar problems please help!

Replies

• DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I think if you start focusing on full body weight lifting while continuing to eat at a calorie deficit you will be quicker to achieve a toned look that you find acceptable.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    I'm with you! I hate that underarm "pocket" of fat. I just started a bootcamp conditioning class and it's and *kitten* kicker. I'm hoping that does the trick! :flowerforyou:
  • bleja19
    bleja19 Posts: 3
    Keep me posted if they teach you any great works out for the underarm pocket of fat!!! I am starting my toning Monday 100%! :)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    There is no workout that can successfully target fat in specific areas...despite what Cosmo says!

My advice would be to start doing some lifting (not toning...please don't "tone." it does not work...take it from a girl who spent years following popular advice "toning.")

You need to strength train. Deadlifts, Dumbbell shoulder presses, dips, pull-ups (they have machines to help) etc will achieve the look you want (combined with proper diet...lots of protein and clean eating.)

Lift heavy to look awesome!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Spot reduction is impossible. Do full-body resistance training of some kind and eat at a deficit.