Replacing Yoga X

kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Yoga X is just too long, do you think that the Jillian Michael's DVD could relace it? I heard it's a great workout in half the time.

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I dont see why not, most of the time I only did 1 hour of yogax, because of the length! Some weeks I would replace it with something else. It is hard to do it for 1 1/2 hrs!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    I hate Yoga X... I did it in it's entirety the first week, did the Chadaranga and Venyasa sequence the second (45 minutes-ish) (I am sure I totally butchered those) then the third week I just said f* it and went running instead! Now I am on week 8 and haven't done it since... I know Tony says its important for flexibility and stamina but I just can't bring myself to do it.

If you are even subsituting some form of stretching with Jillian, I say go for it.
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    i dont like yoga X either. it's my least favorite of the workouts, i ususally go running and do ab ripper or just repeat a workout that i did earlier in the week.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    didnt like it .................. but now its ok as i am learning and able to bend and flex more plus i look at it 1/12 hr in a week we blow that eaten out ,driving, watching tv ,soaps or just sitting down :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Yoga X is just too long, do you think that the Jillian Michael's DVD could relace it? I heard it's a great workout in half the time.
    I don't see why not. I think you could also replace it with X Stretch.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    I used a different yoga DVD (Crunch Yoga).
  • Yoga X is by far my least favourite as well (yoga in general is something I dislike,) and I usually replace it with X Stretch (which I like MUCH better!) so you could try that..X Stretch will defo help with flexibility too.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Well, I bought the Yoga Meltdown and I'm so disappointed! Yoga X was too long and this one is too short. When it ended I was like "that's it?" Also, Jillian's barking at me doesn't help with focus.

So, now I'm back with my boyfriend Tony Horton.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,029 Member
    Aww, man, I'm so sorry that was a disappointment. I hate it when that happens.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I know that Yoga X is long and not a lot of people like it. It is hard, but it is worth it. I am so happy that you found that Tony's is better. I hated Yoga the entire first round, but now I look forward to it. Just try your best. It really has helped with my husband's and my flexibility.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    You know, everyone hates yoga X (okay, not everyone, but most people), and I find that most people don't like it because it's slow and difficult. So, most want to do something in it's place. Seriously, though...it's probably one of the best workouts of the bunch. Sure, you can lift weights and get strong and leap through the air in plyoland, but yoga will make you strong in ways that lifting weights and doing plyometrics won't.

At least do the first 45 minutes...those are really the best poses anyhow. You can do 45 minutes, right? Besides, it's only minutes 35-45 that are REALLY hard, anyhow. Another good option is his One-on-One Fountain of Youth yoga workout...I think it's right around 40 minutes. One-on-One Patience Hummingbird is another, but I find it a bit too short (30 minutes)

Here's a little video with Tony regarding yoga:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2-CLZLqo4A

Enjoy!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    I really disliked yoga x & so i thought maybe I'm just not a yoga person (although I did always buy into the benefits & WANTED to like it). And I'm at a point in my life where if I don't enjoy the workout, I'm not doing it...life is too short & I want to enjoy working out, not associate it w/dread. Fast-forward a year later & I now LOVE yoga & do short sessions every single day & a longer session on the weekends. I can't imagine NOT doing yoga. So I would say if you dislike yoga x to the point you're just not going to do it, then just find different yoga. One thing thing I've learned is that I am a picky yoga person...I like outdoor scenery, kinda prefer voice-overs, etc...yoga x just wasn't for me (even though I'm in LOVE w/p90x!!!!!! :love: )
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Tony has two other Yoga DVD's. Fountain of Youth yoga and one that he does in Hawaii that is even shorter in length.

http://www.teamwalkerfitness.com/
  • while I am not familiar with the Yoga X, I do a weekly yoga session that has been classified as yoga for athletes or power yoga. We get a few first timers in the class that think "oh, yoga, this will be EASY" so I'd have to say it is comparable. There are many differing forms of yoga and even though on the surface it can look easy, a lot of it isn't. Yoga is about strength and flexibility. After holding plank for a minute plus, then doing a chaturanga dandasana, you realize it isn't the easiest. Then throw in plank after that chaturanga,yeah, slow reverse push ups. I think that if you are using a practice that works for you and pushes you, that is what matters most.
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Definitely find a yoga that is good for you. After reading all the posts...I must be crazy because I LOVE Yoga X. I actually have it today (though trying to work up the motivation to workout right now). It's an amazing workout for your body.

A lot of people probably hate it because it is so challenging. Not everyone can do a warrior 3 (i usually fall)....but everyone can grab some weights and do dumbell curls, or jump between imaginary tires on your floor. Just think of how bad your arms hurt after your first round...but now you see more muscle or have thinner arms. Yoga does that for your whole body. The balance moves work your body and cause tons of muscles to work and gain overall strength.

I think I inspired myself to get started now too!! :)
  • adrienc
    adrienc Posts: 57
    I suggest you try Rodney Yee's POWER YOGA Total Body video - It's only one hour long, and you can get it for a few bucks on amazon

It's as challenging as Yoga X but I found that the peace of mind and tranquility you got afterwards are much greater ...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Tony has two other Yoga DVD's. Fountain of Youth yoga and one that he does in Hawaii that is even shorter in length.

http://www.teamwalkerfitness.com/
This discussion has been closed.