• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Obamaphone... (j/k)

(it's real not snarky, google it)
  • iMPiP
    iMPiP Posts: 4
    Options
    I had TMobile forever and it was terrible. I frequently didn't receive my phone calls or texts. Super lame. I recently switched to Verizon.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Depends on coverage. I work for one of the providers so if you have a location I can tell you the coverage there.

Also as a note - people rarely use the unlimited data. When I say rarely, I mean < 1%

Nice! I live in Portland, OR.

I checked my data usage and I do go over 2gb :( So that's a problem for me haha
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I had TMobile forever and it was terrible. I frequently didn't receive my phone calls or texts. Super lame. I recently switched to Verizon.

Oh noooooo!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled into my Verizon account online this morning to see how to downgrade, simply because I have fewer needed lines and one is month to month and probably need to kill it.

WTF do you MEAN there is no more unlimited data? Are you freaking KIDDING me?

I save 23% on my base service because of where I work, so I am not sure switching (because one remaining line is under contract until December) is the right thing to do, but I use my data plan, like, all the time!
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I just stumbled into my Verizon account online this morning to see how to downgrade, simply because I have fewer needed lines and one is month to month and probably need to kill it.

I save 23% on my base service because of where I work, so I am not sure switching (because one remaining line is under contract until December) is the right thing to do, but I use my data plan, like, all the time!

Verizon did a number of crappy things at once - no more "New every two" and no more unlimited data plan were the two that made us flip off Verizon after many years and move to AT&T.
  • weinbagel
    Options

haha yeah, they've really screwed us!
  • weinbagel
    Options

Hence why I don't want to give them $$$ anymore! haha. They also increased their pricing!!!

Verizon did a number of crappy things at once - no more "New every two" and no more unlimited data plan were the two that made us flip off Verizon after many years and move to AT&T.
  • weinbagel
    Options

Hence why I don't want to give them $$$ anymore! haha. They also increased their pricing!!!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have Sprint. Unlimited data and excellent coverage and a little cheaper than T-Mobile and def cheaper than Verizon!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    TMobile sucks. I will NEVER go to TMobile. My boyfriends phone only works half the time, it doesn't tell him of missed calls, it never rings, and then all of a sudden hours later he'll get all my text messages. And sometimes the phone turns off for no reason. And it's his 3rd phone, so i'm starting to think it's the carrier.

I had AT&T too expensive. I went to Sprint and it's wonderful. And $35 cheaper than AT&T for the same plan. Unlimited data and great coverage to boot.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Straighttalk.
  • Quattrone21
    Options
    My Mom .......

<<<<<< Playa
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Up until now I had no problem at all with them. What do you mean no more new every two? Seriously?
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I have Sprint. Unlimited data and excellent coverage and a little cheaper than T-Mobile and def cheaper than Verizon!

Really?? When I looked online, I swear Sprint was more expensive! But maybe it's because I'd be joining a family plan with T-Mobile...
  • weinbagel
    Options
    TMobile sucks. I will NEVER go to TMobile. My boyfriends phone only works half the time, it doesn't tell him of missed calls, it never rings, and then all of a sudden hours later he'll get all my text messages. And sometimes the phone turns off for no reason. And it's his 3rd phone, so i'm starting to think it's the carrier.

I had AT&T too expensive. I went to Sprint and it's wonderful. And $35 cheaper than AT&T for the same plan. Unlimited data and great coverage to boot.

Wondering if it's the phone, not the service? Sounds like a defective phone haha
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    NSA. I hear a lot of us are using them these days...
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AT&T has excellent coverage (3g and 4g) there throughout the whole city.

I would assume Verizon does as well.

Both of these companies will have the best coverage for you. All other companies will (in general) have worse coverage or ride on the existing networks.

As for data usage - track it for a month to see why it's so high. Skype calls can be done over wireless, same with facetime. Look to see if your apps are downloading stuff that you don't need. 2GB is a lot.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile about 3 years back because I loved the option of being able to pay for my phone in whole and paying less for my service. I wish more carriers would do this and separate the phone from the carrier, like in Europe. It comes out cheaper in the end, especially if you keep your phone for longer.

Service can be spotty in some rural areas, but otherwise I've had no problems. When I was still with Verizon and my GF was with T-Mobile, there were spots in rural central California where I didn't have signal but she did, and vice versa, so it seems to depend on your area.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've had Sprint since 2002- real unlimited data plan for the win!