Is wieght loss an appropriate thing to put on a resume?

Options
flashesbuck
flashesbuck Posts: 27 Member
So i was thinking about this the other day, when i was applying for a new positions at my office, any may submit some more Resumes elsewhere.

i have lost 80 lbs so far, still working on it, and im damn proud of it! It shows dedication, and determination! and willingness to work hard for what you want? right?!

So couldn't it go at the bottom under the achievements and awards?

Replies

• cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, it seems kind of odd to me to put something like that on a resume. Don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement, but I don't think it's relevant to a job.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    BUT how did you get overweight in the first place? That might show the opposite - just sayin
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't......unless it was a job with Weight Watchers or a similar organzation.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Probably not best to put it down.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I work in a Career Center and HIGHLY recommend not putting it on your résumé... unless your applying for some form of personal trainer, fitness, etc. position.

ETA: It's an amazing accomplishment, BUT that might be something to speak about in an interview type setting instead. Great work! :drinker:
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, it seems kind of odd to me to put something like that on a resume. Don't get me wrong, it's a great achievement, but I don't think it's relevant to a job.

Agreed
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No I dont think so. But I think during an interview, highlighting your commitment to fitness abd asking if there are any corporate softball teams or corporate 5Ks or charity walks that the company does is fine.
  • jennwren77
    jennwren77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Only if you're applying for a job in a weight loss related field
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    No, not appropriate. Sorry.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Definitely not. :flowerforyou:
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe put your favorite physical activity under a hobbies section? It could reflect that you are an active person. Like hiking or biking?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    What they said!
    No I dont think so. But I think during an interview, highlighting your commitment to fitness abd asking if there are any corporate softball teams or corporate 5Ks or charity walks that the company does is fine.

Like it!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    absolutely not! but I'm damn proud of you...
  • waskier
    waskier Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    No
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ummm, NO! I work in HR and this falls along the lines of adding a picture to your resume, or putting that you are a domestic engineer when you are a stay at home mom. :laugh:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    So i was thinking about this the other day, when i was applying for a new positions at my office, any may submit some more Resumes elsewhere.

i have lost 80 lbs so far, still working on it, and im damn proud of it! It shows dedication, and determination! and willingness to work hard for what you want? right?!

So couldn't it go at the bottom under the achievements and awards?

It also shows the lack thereof to get to the point were weight loss of 80+ lbs is necessary.
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You could include a 'skills' section where you would include dedication, and determination! and willingness to work hard.. because these are soft skills that translate to any job. But I would leave it at that..
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    No, it isnt relevant. I would roll my eyes at it and move on.