Hi! New to group

Options
Hello, my name is Ginna and I'm new to the group, and to the site. I've struggled with weight all my life. Tried so many diets in 2000 I had a gastric bypass and lost 85 pounds. This surgery I'm told is very good for some people, but after several years, the types of foods I could tolerate were dwindling. In 2009 I was encouraged to have the surgery reversed, but the idea of further surgery was disconcerting, so I did not do this. But in 2011 I lost 60 pounds in four months due to the fact that I was reduced to yogurt, Ensure and broth. This was definitely not healthy weight lost, but still I resisted. Finally in 2012 I agreed to the reversal during my recuperation I gained back 10 pounds, but by the time I was cleared to begin an exercise regimen, I developed a large hernia on the surgical incision. This required additional surgery, which the doctor decided to wait four months to do. He wanted to make sure I was fully healed before he opened the incision again?! Made no sense to me. In the week I was in the hospital I gained 15 pounds and became very depressed. Now I'm ready to get serious and lose weight the healthy way. Wish me luck!

Replies

• morpheousneo
    morpheousneo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck hun. I've only been on here a few weeks and I think the whole logging system is fab. Feel free to add me :)