Can I loose 10 lbs by August 15th?

Options
I weigh ~120 right now, I'm 5'1" and 18 years old
I've been eating a 1200cal diet with lots of fruits and veggies
I power walk every morning for 7.5 miles (takes about 2hrs)
I figure skate for 1hr 3 days a week
When I don't have skating, I do running/walking intervals or bike for 1hr on top of power walking
If I maintain these diet/ exercise habits could I lose weight by the time I go on vacation in August? Thanks!

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    If you're under 18 you're not supposed to be using this site....:huh:
  • JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to lose 10 lbs?
  • jboogie128
    jboogie128 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    find a different hobby
  • divertidolawl
    Options
    Just trying to tone up :)
  • JessicaPasieka
    Options
    Toning up is different than losing weight.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    If you want my opinion, I think 1200 is too low if you only have 10 pounds to lose. You aren't obese...that low of calories is for people that have a LOT of fat to lose,

Don't try to eat less...just exercise the way you plan to and you will be fine for your vacation.

ETA - if you are under 18, try Sparkteens
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just trying to tone up :)

So tone up. Lift some weights. You are pretty much a perfect weight, so losing won't help.
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are doing everything right, so just keep eating healthy and keep moving. Stay away from the fast food forever!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    toning up would mean you would want to gain weight :) Do heavy lifting 3 days per week, eat well, and in a month you will be happy :)
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    The OP just edited her question so that she could change her age, and she also made sure to remove her profile pic of her face..
  • JessicaPasieka
    Options
    Yeah, she sure ages quickly.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Your current diet and exercise is NOT conducive to losing weight. You're eating too little for your activity level and weight (especially for a teenager, in case anyone's wondering she's lying about being 18).
  • Blossom447
    Blossom447 Posts: 10
    Options
    With the height/weight that you listed, I can't see that ANOTHER 10 lbs would be medically OK -- The smaller you are the harder it can be to lose a signifcant amount of weight but I thinking that toning up would be completely doable! And toning will make you look amazing while losing TO much weight can make a person just look sick... I've been both places - TO skinny so I looked sick (eye's sucken in and nothing but bone) and I've been where I should be and completely tone... needless to say, being tone is the way to go - you feel good and look amazing! Good luck in your journey but make sure that you're checking with someone who knows YOU. This site is just peoples opinions but someone that knows you can help you more -- Make sure that you aren't starving yourself too - if you're doing so much excercise, your body needs more fuel... kinda like a car needing more gas. Starving your body can cause long term effects as well as NO weight loss at all!!! My opinion - consult a dr to make sure that you should be losing more weight but start to give your body more fuel if you're going to be doing that much exercise - sometimes more is just more and not good for you :) Good luck!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    she deactivated..haha
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    she deactivated..haha
    Lol...awkward...
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    you sound like you're in awfully good shape. 120 is a pretty good weight for someone your height. my daughter is 5 2 and weighs just a bit less but is not an athlete like you are. you probably have a bit of muscle mass to support your skating. when my daughter was doing ballet strenuously I think she was 118 to 120 and change so hard to guess what you're worried about.

if you're just trying to look 'super cut' my suggestion would be to increase the calorie count, decrease the carbohydrate count (fruit) and to abstain from wheat products of any kind and see if it works for you. take the carbs down to under say 50 grams a day. cut out the bread entirely (and all other wheat) but eat more protein. you pretty much cannot add fat if you're cutting carbs but your muscle tone might improve and cutting the wheat will make you look more 'cut'.

but golly you sure have very little to worry about. I'd think less about whether you weight 10 pounds more or less and just figure out what 'look' you are trying to have. and please remember being super lean presents certain dangers to females your age. and please don't work yourself into an eating disorder. ok? please keep a level head.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am 5 1 and 1/2 so I understand where you are coming from. If you are actually that height with INTENSE excercise you can be healthy at 110 lbs, however if it is not somethign your body does naturally I would not make it so. I would say 115-120 should be your goal. If you are doing skating you and walking as much as you posted then your legs most likely look amazing, is it your arms and stomach you want to focus on? If so...weight train. Go back to eating normally I would say 1800 calories MINIMUM you need fuel to gain muscle. Then work on doing situps and pushups. Start with increments of 50 a day and work up when you get to over a few hundred add weights. If you want to message me and ask questions go for it.

Just b/c you can't fit into your size 1 or 3's does not mean you are gaining excess weight. It may be your body is becoming more curvy as you grow up. Try a size 2 or 4. I remember crying in the mall at college at 19 b/c no one had ever bothered to teach the difference between GIRLS and WOMENS sizes.
  • wesley1232
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is preying on this girl. If she wants to lose weight and get fit, she has every right to. I think that 1200 calories is too little for your activity level. Try maybe 1500 or a little more if you'd like to "tone up." Because you exercise so much, it's crucial that you don't eat too little or else your body may go into starvation mode. Anyways, this site is supposed to be informative and supportive to others. Shame on you if you're using it to put down and humiliate others.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she sure ages quickly.

Isn't it funny how people are happy to age quickly sometimes?
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    you sound like you're in awfully good shape. 120 is a pretty good weight for someone your height. my daughter is 5 2 and weighs just a bit less but is not an athlete like you are. you probably have a bit of muscle mass to support your skating. when my daughter was doing ballet strenuously I think she was 118 to 120 and change so hard to guess what you're worried about.

if you're just trying to look 'super cut' my suggestion would be to increase the calorie count, decrease the carbohydrate count (fruit) and to abstain from wheat products of any kind and see if it works for you. take the carbs down to under say 50 grams a day. cut out the bread entirely (and all other wheat) but eat more protein. you pretty much cannot add fat if you're cutting carbs but your muscle tone might improve and cutting the wheat will make you look more 'cut'.

but golly you sure have very little to worry about. I'd think less about whether you weight 10 pounds more or less and just figure out what 'look' you are trying to have. and please remember being super lean presents certain dangers to females your age. and please don't work yourself into an eating disorder. ok? please keep a level head.

Spoken like a dad...a good dad :) Happy father's day to you!