"Body Ball" replaces work chair!!!

Options
Today, I decided to bring in my Body ball to try to use it as a comfy work desk chair!! I was wanting to know who else has tried this, if anyone..and how did it go?? I lose weight fairly quickly but I also want to tone up a bunch..will this help me in that goal?? I don't get up much from my desk (except to go to the bathroom every hour because of water consumption)

Let me know any kind of stories, if any, on the body ball situation. I've lost 5 lbs since last thursday and I know it will keep coming off if I keep doing what I'm doing!! :)

I am loving this site, I have it on my iPhone as well so I can log when I'm not at a computer!!

~Alex~

Replies

• heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My body ball is my home computer chair and while I don't really notice anything extra about just sitting on it - besides the fact that it is comfy, I do notice that I have a tendency to do a few extra crunches and things while working that I wouldn't have done before. I would imagine if you work hard at your posture and keep your core tight while using it you may notice a difference.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've been using a body ball for a little while at work. I like it. I tend to roll back and forth a lot -- the first day my stomach ended up sore! I think it just helps keep me moving a bit. I might splurge and buy the chair that goes with it only because it's a pain to turn around and the wheels would be nice. Also, it will bring the height up a bit. I've noticed that my posture is better at work and it's a great coversation starter!
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    This was the first thing this made me think of, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-_M1Tib2s
  • jinxdflame
    Options
    All through revision I used my fit ball for a seat as it improved my posture
  • aflewis1
    aflewis1 Posts: 12
    Options
    That was hilarious!!! Thank you for that laugh for the day!!!
  • aflewis1
    aflewis1 Posts: 12
    Options
    What I'm noticing is that i'm moving around a lot more on it...rolling back and forth, bouncing around.. this is kind of fun, but it's not super comfortable. it has lost some of it's air, i hope that's not going to be a continuing problem!! :) but so far, so good! so at the very least, i'm burning calories by moving around a lot more than i normally would in a normal chair!!