Male 24 260lbs 6ft 4" trying to lose 48lbs (NEED HELP)

Options
Hi I'm Jamie, 24 and live in Scotland, I'm trying to lose weight and started off with what I think is a reasonable start to lose at 42lbs, I don't have a clue about dieting so correct me if I'm wrong. I am thinking of eating around 1000-1200 calories a day with light exercise like walking. Is this too drastic? I really want to lose weight fast well by Christmas time I want to have no belly, I know I'm 6ft 4" and a big guy, I wouldn't say I'm really overweight but I do have a bit of a belly that I would like to lose, Anybody got any tips that could help? Tell me what I'm doing right or wrong? All help is appreciated as this is my first attempt at this.

Replies

• DrMonhattan
    Options
    Way too drastic. I'm 5'10, 198lbs and I eat 2,400 cals a day at MINIMUM.

It didn't take you a few days to put the weight on, it won't take a few days to get it off.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Waaay too drastic. What does MFP recommend when you put your info in? How much do you weigh?
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    Hi Jamie!!
    If you use MFP's guidelines they really work and you will lose the weight steadily and healthily. 1200 is definitely too low for you and it wouldn't be very fun to eat that little :(
  • mjh1959
    mjh1959 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with that being too drastic. Put in all your info and see what your recommended calorie intake it. Don't go under that. 2 lbs a week is a healthy pace to lose.
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with the others. That is way too drastic. If you deprive yourself that much you will never stay on the plan. You will be starving all the time! You will be surprised how little changes make huge differences. Drink more water, eat more veggies and fruit. Cut out "bad foods" a little at a time. Don't cut out everything all at once. Trust me...it doesn't work.

Go for a walk everyday, even if you don't want to, even if it is just for 10 minutes. Just make small changes. I will send a friend request!
  • JamieUK1
    JamieUK1 Posts: 7
    Options
    MFP said I should be on 2070 calories a day