hey im a newbie names jodi

Options
hiya im new here im about to start taking some slimming tablets called Xenical and im a bit nervous just wondering has anyone on here taken them an any advice x x

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hey Jodi.
    Welcome. I've never taken tablets, and in general they make me nervous too- if you are nervous, why are you taking them? This site has plenty of advice and structure to help you lose the weight without using tablets....what is persuading you to take them?
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    I would avoid any weight loss pills ~ they don't work. :ohwell:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome Jodi, I've never taken them either, just wanted to say hi
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Brummy,

Welcome and good luck. Personally I would not take any form of diet pills and to this day I cannot understand why they are on the market. Please stop taking them, as you have no idea what it could be doing to your body. People have died from taking diet pills we don't want you to be another statistics.

I am new on this site and have 100 pounds to loose. My first weigh in was Tuesday and lost 7 pounds. It can be done with watching what you eat and exercise and having friends that will support you though this journey. We will all trip, stumble and even fall as we go through this but remember the friends you make on this site will help you pick yourself up, dust you off and help you get right back on the road to your goal.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can do this together without the diet pills, without surgery and without any other gimmicks out there.

One more thing if there were magic pills out there that could fix everyone's weight loss problem there would be no overweight people in the world. Don’t believe the hype the only people making money off those things are the manufactures.

Be safe and good luck.
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    On Xenical DO NOT eat any sugar and stay far from the bathroom b/c it may trigger an oily stool. I knew someone that took these and messed up their clothes.
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi there Jodi.

I have many friends who have been prescribed Xenicol from their GP, just be careful what you are eating i.e fat and sugar, as it can cause the need for a rush to the loo!!!! :blushing:

Good luck with it. add my if you need any friends.

Tx
  • bakerswife
    Options
    Welcome! I've tried diet pills before, including Xenical, and though I may have lost weight, it was not sustainable. Worse still, when it comes back, it's always much much more than what you had lost. They totally messed up my metabolism and I'm now having lots of trouble losing weight. Nonetheless, this time I'm determined to lose weight the right way; through exercise and eating right. This site is great and you'll find some really great people here with some very good advise on how to lose weight the right way.

Good luck.
  • cpostell
    Options
    Hey jodi, I'm new to the site as well. I was also taking some diet pills and I had an accident this past Saturday and when they hooked me up to the heart monitor I was having some bad arrithmias in my heart beat, so just be careful. Welcome to the site and I will try to be as much support as possible.
  • maryet
    maryet Posts: 1
    Options
    don't take them. lose weight naturally. count your calories. find the food pyramid that fits you (standard, vegan, etc) and see where you are on it by listing your daily foods within the categories of the pyramid. it takes time but it's worth it. when you see where you lack in nutrition or where the excess is (besides on the thighs!) you will have more control of your eating. you can get your pyramid at mypyramid.gov. check out the site. it's really cool...like this one but it offers the pyramid. have fun! good luck!
  • brummy_jodie
    Options
    Hey everyone thankyou for all your kind messages I just feel like I need help because I get really low sometimes an feel like I dnt kno why I am here so I finally plucked up the courage to go and see my doctor and had blood tests they came bAck all good thankfully so he precribed me these tablets to see how I get on with them I start taking them tomorrow I a
    quite nervous but I'm that desprete I think I'd try anything thankyou All for your advice I really apreciate it just wish me luck and pleAse add me as I have no friends on here x x x