Calories or carbs???

Options
Some people say I should count my carbs and ignore calories. Some say ignore carbs and watch calories. Any advice? As long as I stay under both daily amounts is that good?

Replies

• ayrnelaine
    ayrnelaine Posts: 13
    Options
    Some people say I should count my carbs and ignore calories. Some say ignore carbs and watch calories. Any advice? As long as I stay under both daily amounts is that good?
  • izzyandobo
    izzyandobo Posts: 41
    Options
    I think calories are more important. That said you need to make sure you are getting good quality calories. Carbs are fine - but simple sugars can really sabatoge weight loss. Stick to low glycemic healthy carbs and save the sweet treats for your "cheat" night.
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    Options
    the days are different for me. Some days ill be over on one or below on the other, or opposite. For me I just try to stay below for both if possible. But every person is different. Good Luck
  • ayrnelaine
    ayrnelaine Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks.. what are low glycemic healthy carbs ??? and what are concidered simple sugars? Cute baby by the way
  • Lowrider
    Lowrider Posts: 16
    Options
    Watch too many carbs. For me they increase my appetite? Not a big believer in denying any food group but managing carbs will likely help with those pesky calories. Higher carbs usually have a higher calorie count however if they are also high in fiber like black beans (which can give you an additional boost of protein), it is a great choice.