snacks when your at work

Options
Hi I'm at work starving so I was just wondering if anyone has any snack ideas on the go when you didnt plan for it.
I have ate all my snacks and dont work by grocery store. Any suggestions on low calorie filling snack you eat when on the go and didnt bring it with you?

Replies

• caseym87
    caseym87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you mean out of a vending machine?
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I always stash a box of Clif Bars or Special K Protein Bars in the office. If I can't pack something in the morning or get out for lunch, I always have something to fall back on.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have a box full of chocolate almond granola from Trader Joe's at work and I usually have a handful. I know you said something not planned, but for the future if you keep a big box handy and usually pack snacks but forget, can turn to that as backup?

I'm curious as well though about whether this is getting something from a vending machine or nearby grocery store as opposed from home.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I always stash a box of Clif Bars or Special K Protein Bars in the office. If I can't pack something in the morning or get out for lunch, I always have something to fall back on.

I have a stash of clif bars too! I use it as a last resort though.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm confused? I will just tell you some snacks I bring. I don't know how to make them appear if I don't want to go to a store or didn't bring them but I do fruit (grapes bananas etc), nuts, apple and peanut butter, greek yogurt, low fat string cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus with veggies or wheat thins. Sometimes even some sun chips :)
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Paper is high in fiber. :laugh:

...or just go find something. Make the best choice you can. Eat it. Log it. Move on. One snack isn't going to break you. :flowerforyou:
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I always have Suzie's spelt and flax seed cakes and sunbutter in my desk. I also have containers of Simply Asia soup in case I don't bring a lunch.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I always keep a stash of walnuts, fruitcups, peanut butter and apples and string cheese at the office for when I need an extra snack. If not I would hit the vending machine and that would not be good. There is very little that is healthy in it. Also drink some water to fill you up.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I have Baby Beles in the fridge, and soy nuts in my desk.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I don't bring my snack to work I will take a poptart from the vending machine and eat just one and share with some co worker the other one. Drink lot's of water and believe me you'll get full.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have in the afternoon either some fruit or 2 tablespoons of 25 percent reduced fat Skippy Peanut Butter and around 4pm I'll have either a single serve bag of popcorn or some Special K Seasalt chips
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There's got to be a health freak in your office that probably has a stash of healthy snacks. Wait until they go to the bathroom and raid their desk.
  • mish24canada
    mish24canada Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm at work and i get only half hour for lunch which is timed because i work in a call centre so cant be late.
    so the only thing around me is foodcourt and convience stores. I brought my breakfeast,lunch and two snacks with me but im still starving so just trying to think of what else i could eat
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot: the obligatory twinkie diet link.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

If you can hold it, then skip the meal. If you think holding it would result in a binge later, then just get something from the vending machine, add it to your MFP diary, and move on. The next day stash something healthier in your office or in your car.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Convenience stores have fresh fruit, maybe even some packaged berries/watermelon, etc. They usually have yogurt or cottage cheese. Or hard-boiled eggs. Very filling!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Vending machine items that are "not the worst" thing in there .....

Packets of trail mix ..... nuts, raisins, chocolate chips

Whole grain "baked" chips ..... still salty but better than potato chips

"Plain" granola .... not chewy, not chocolate coated (not glorified candy bars)
  • auntjenny74
    auntjenny74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I bring enough apples and Greek yogurt with me on Monday to last through the week. My favorite snack is plain Greek yogurt with a tbsp or 2 of cherry preserves stirred in. I also love apple slices with a smidgen of peanut butter.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Trail mix makes a good snack when I'm at work.