Just saw this on Pinterest...mmm

Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons tsp sriracha sauce*
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 1/4 lbs pounds salmon fillet, skin removed
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro

PREPARATION
Heat oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk together juice, zest, syrup, sriracha and salt. Place salmon in a baking dish lined with parchment paper; pour lime-maple mixture over top. Roast salmon until cooked through and flaky, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve.

217 calories per serving, 9 g fat (1 g saturated), 4 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 28 g protein

Replies

• mom2lyla
    mom2lyla Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yum! Bumping for later
  • audra0831
    audra0831 Posts: 244
    Options
    I made this and it is AMAZING!!!!!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to use syrup...maybe I'll just use extra sriracha and a little raw honey for the sweet.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    bump
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    This sounds so good and simple. Love the use of maple syrup w/siracha. Thanks!
  • bathsheba24
    bathsheba24 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gonna try it! Love Siracha, thanks!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Love sriracha...thanks
  • tumbledownhouse
    tumbledownhouse Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jelumbatis
    jelumbatis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I swap the syrup for agave nectar and it is delicious.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend won't eat seafood he didn't catch. I wonder how that sauce would be on chicken, though. I'll have to give it a try.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, but how much for a serving? That's the downside to pinterest, they normally don't give enough information (and the recipes I've keyed in have been wrong)
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I want to use syrup...maybe I'll just use extra sriracha and a little raw honey for the sweet.

Love it! And I don't have cilantro in the fridge, so I'm using basil. I'm sure it'll be amazing!
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to try this, sounds amazing!!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    This is awesome... My daughter recently showed and interest in fish and this seems like a perfect recipe both her and I can enjoy. Thank you!
  • mjs3974
    mjs3974 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bump...I think I know what's for dinner!
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, but how much for a serving? That's the downside to pinterest, they normally don't give enough information (and the recipes I've keyed in have been wrong)

This is Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe from her cookbook. I've made it a few times and I really like it. The nutritional information can be found on her recipe post here (217 calories/serving):

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2013/04/salmon-sriracha-sauce-lime

It is also already in the MFP database, just look up "Gwyneth Paltrow Salmon".

And here's her picture of the dish too:

D39X3Zh.jpg
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

This is Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe from her cookbook. I've made it a few times and I really like it. The nutritional information can be found on her recipe post here (217 calories/serving):

http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2013/04/salmon-sriracha-sauce-lime

It is also already in the MFP database, just look up "Gwyneth Paltrow Salmon".

And here's her picture of the dish too:

D39X3Zh.jpg

so according to the recipe, it's 1.25 lbs of salmon for 4 servings.
    according to the DB, 1.25lb/4 = 0.3125lb = 141g.
    141 grams of Fish - Salmon, Atlantic, wild, cooked, dry heat is 257 calories.
    1/4 tbsp of maple syrup is another 11 or so calories.

that's a little more than the quoted caloric value of 217 per serving, not a lot, but 268 isn't 217.

that's the point I'm trying to make. While Pinterest and other websites may be great for recipes, the nutritional information is skewed.

I'm not bashing the recipe, just want folks to be aware that not every recipe that's out there is exactly what it may say... and Pinterest is awful for this.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    love this!
    thanks!