When did you first realize that you were losing weight?

Options
This afternoon I put on an actual bra, rather than the sports bras I have been wearing lately and it is too big! Really put a huge smile on my face. And then...I put on my favourite capris, and they are loose and I kind of have to stick out my gut to keep them on!

When did you guys all start noticing that you were losing weight? Remember, the small things count too!

Replies

• amusedhorse
    amusedhorse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being able to fit back into my old shorts
  • anxietygirl
    anxietygirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    One morning I thought something was wrong with my ribcage, and I stared at myself in the mirror for a couple of minutes before I realized the difference was just that my waist had gotten slightly smaller. That made it feel real!

And a couple of days ago, I put on a pair of my "super tight when clean, stretch over the course of the day" jeans and they weren't actually very tight. I bounced around the house after that.

I'm also on the last hole in my belt! I have to go buy a new one tonight! That is something to be excited about :) even if it's a small something.
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of jeans without trying them on a few months ago... I deluded myself into thinking they were my size. Got home and couldn't even get them past my thighs!! :( Put them on the other day and they zipped up perfectly! :D
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Before MFP I was on the verge of getting new pants because the current ones were getting really tight. I knew I lost weight when that problem suddenly disappeared.
  • kirstie1926
    Options
    And a couple of days ago, I put on a pair of my "super tight when clean, stretch over the course of the day" jeans and they weren't actually very tight.

this was the same for me. "my skinny jeans" could no longer be called, "my skinny jeans". i can take them off without unbuttoning them. they're so big that now when i wear them, it looks like i shat my pants :blushing: and i thought that was awesome!

that happened at about a 12lb. loss.
  • sndiane
    sndiane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I jeans that I couldn't fit on for year needed a belt to keep them up.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    When I jeans that I couldn't fit on for year needed a belt to keep them up.

This!!
  • nobleammonite
    nobleammonite Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've always had chubby arms. (A friend who is very much more overweight than me has BEAUTIFUL slim arms - unfair!) I have a few t-shirts that have a decorative contrasting color around the sleeve, and it's always been tight on my arms. When I put the shirt on I would stretch the sleeve out a ton so my arm could fit in it without being strangled LOL.

I first realized I lost weight when I put on one of these shirts, freshly-washed, and the arm wasn't too tight! Yay! My arms are still pudgy, but they don't wobble and they fit in all my shirts.

The next thing I noticed was that my outside/gardening/muck boots (which I had to buy dude-sized because the ones for the ladies were too tight on my calves) were loose enough to stuff my pants in without cutting off my leg circulation! I guess I carry weight in my extremities...
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My husband told me a Big Mac wouldn't hurt me once in a while :laugh:
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    When people at work said I looked like a kid trying on his dad's suit because I had shrunk so much the "executive cut" suits I wore hung off me all weird.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    When I tried on an old prom dress just for the heck of it, and realized that I could easily zip it up with room to spare, instead of having to suck it in and have someone zip it for me!!