Exercise for not being able to go to the gym?

Options
Hey all! I just am full of questions today. So I used to have a membership to the gym and all that but it got to expensive and I can no longer afford that. So I need some things to do to get in shape without spending too much money. I don't have any exercise machines or equipment. I only have the outdoors and my bike. Any suggestions would be great thanks :)

Replies

• mkevans
    mkevans Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's all you need!!! Go www.runnersworld.com to learn how to become a runner. Jillian Michaels website also gives helpful hints on home workouts!! Look up the 30 Day abs or butt challenge it'll help you're core and lower body!!!

GOOD LUCK
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'd say get on you bike and ride, there's nothing better than the open road tackle the hills to for a good cardio workout
  • nznatural
    nznatural Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I started C25K in February, and I now log about 25km a week in prep for my first half in November.

I too cant afford a gym membership, or I would be there at the moment (its winter here, and motivation to go outside is a bit sparse at the moment). The only expense I've got coming up will be a new pair of shoes, but that's about it!
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas for some strength workouts that aren't to costly?
  • cuttingshadow
    cuttingshadow Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can always walk, jog or run outdoors or do stretching exercise, aerobics or yoga. If you still need to work out with weights, would suggest getting your own gym setup for a small one time cost of around $30-$40 by purchasing dumbbell set and check for work outs using those weights from internet and build up a work out routine, making maximum use of that dumbbell set.

-CS
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Use your body weight to start with then build up, you don't need to buy weights use things around your house as weights, if you want to buy something a kettle bell workout is a great strength and cardio combined workout ????
  • 41hotmomof3
    41hotmomof3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you have a local high school nearby? I go every morning and walk/run around the track and run the bleacher stairs. It will kick your butt!