When would be a good time to bulk?

Options
Abram86
Abram86 Posts: 282 Member
When I started I was at 254 and I've lost about 50 pounds so far and I'm at 204. My goal was to reach 165 or so. Should I keep with the weight loss or should I try bulking some since I've lost 50 pounds already?

Replies

• Abram86
    Options
    Should I finish losing weight?
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I would go by b/f percentage. Buy some calipers and you can do a 3pt method. It may not be as accurate as a dexa or hydro weighing but they are accurate enough and you can use them to track your progress. I wouldn't bulk until you are around 10-12% b/f. Once I began bulking I wouldn't go over 15%. You don't want to bulk at 15-16% and get up to 20%.
  • Abram86
    Options
    I would go by b/f percentage. Buy some calipers and you can do a 3pt method. It may not be as accurate as a dexa or hydro weighing but they are accurate enough and you can use them to track your progress. I wouldn't bulk until you are around 10-12% b/f. Once I began bulking I wouldn't go over 15%. You don't want to bulk at 15-16% and get up to 20%.

Thanks for the great answer.
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Check out this video from one of my other MFP's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c5FAm2RIJo

In two years, he changed his body. I hope you find it helpful to your question.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I am fairly sure that you will never see 165lbs man, and that is a good thing.
  • Abram86
    Options
    I am fairly sure that you will never see 165lbs man, and that is a good thing.

What makes you say ill never see 165 lbs and why is that a good thing?