Which VERSION of C25K do you use/prefer

Options
Hi, Folks:

I downloaded C25K from Zen Labs onto my Android phone. I am just starting Week 2. The Zen Labs version only has a voice that says "time to jog," and "time to walk."

Are there any other versions where the program might say something more like, "No, you aren't going to die. You are doing a good job." Or, something to that effect. (not joking). Or, are all c25K programs THE SAME. I have seen the following offerings for C25K:

Zen Labs This is the one I am currently using.

RunDouble

Guy Hoffman

Active Network

Just curious. Don't want to have to download each of these programs just to hear the narrator's voice/instructions.

Dee

Replies

• DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am using the same one as you (on iPhone)... I just usually have to remind myself I'm not going to die! I'm starting Week 2 Sunday, feel free to add me and we can help keep each other accountable!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I downloaded Nicole Blum's playlist MP3's, and the transition notification is a '5..4..3..2..ONE' countdown and the song changes. I like that the best because I find too much talking gets really annoying after a few weeks.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am using the c25k pro ....it has blue sneaker red wings....it will say ready run......then it will say good job now walk....that's it.. I start week 2 on Monday :)
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I listened to a podcast c25k. It was the c25k101 series, I believe. He was good about encouragement and some info while you ran. The only downside is, with it being a podcast, you had to listen to his music choices. Not always the best music.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    if I had to do couch 25k over again there is only one app I would use to help me.

Zombies, Run! 5k Training

tumblr_li3mmwRlUK1qcz157o1_500.gif
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I used the Active one- I liked it! It gave prompts on when to walk/run/tempo and gave some encouragement when you're about 75% done with the running activity. It also did when you finished. That was about it that I remember. It may be different now as I did C25K last year, but I'm using their 5k-to-10K and it's the same.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The only one I've ever used is the Zombies, Run! 5k Training. Just did the week five workout one this morning. I like it. The story makes it interesting, and if you like it, there are two other apps that are games that reward you for your real world running.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I purchased Couch-to-5K The Active Network version. There are 5 different coaches you can choose from. I have only used one at this point, but it's pretty much the same as yours. "Let's Run", "Let's Walk". The only other thing that this does (maybe yours does) is tell me when I am half way there. At that time, I can start back if I am on a new route.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just looked at my watch and listened to music.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    if I had to do couch 25k over again there is only one app I would use to help me.

I am still too scurrrrred to download this. I run in the dark...not ok!
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I am still too scurrrrred to download this. I run in the dark...not ok!

but you'd probably beat all your personal records :P

Personally, I use the Zen Labs app, but I wouldn't want any 'words of encouragement' interrupting my jogging playlist. That's what my music is there for, to encourage me! OP, are you listening to music that gets you pumped and excited?
  • loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    im using zombies run.... its awesome :)
  • mattdsoares
    Options
    I follow the schedule from NHS.uk, the British health services. http://www.nhs.uk/livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

It's free and has nice podcasts instead of an app. I like using runkeeper to track and log my runs so I either play the podcast or set custom intervals in runkeeper if I want to listen to my own music or spotfiy.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone, for your input! I truly appreciate the info!

Dee :wink:
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Another one on Zombies Run :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I used Zen labs and really liked it. Had I known about the zombie one when I started I would of tried that! :smile:
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did C25K three summers ago, and still had a dumb phone at the time so I used Robert Ullrey's podcasts. http://www.c25k.com/podcasts.htm Like others have said, the downside is you're listening to the same music for three days and it's kind of generic (free) but I enjoyed it. Each week is new of course. I have since moved on to a 10K app on my smart phone that just gives me prompts, and used it this spring to actually get up to finishing a 20K!

I definitely have good memories of C25K that summer, had a good group on the message boards here that were all running it together, so we kept each other motivated. I wish I had the Zombie one when I was starting out, looks fun! I might even try it anyways, even though I'm beyond working up to a 5K (never thought I'd say that!)

Have fun whichever one you choose, enjoy being a runner!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Started over recently and really prefer this to the standard 5k training apps that I have done previously. More interesting and engaging and the run patters are slightly different.
  • smsaban85
    smsaban85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use Run Double. I am going to be doing W3 D2 tomorrow and I find that even though it doesn't have pick me ups in it. Hearing that I am half way makes all the difference. There are a ton of different notification options. W1 D1 I turned them all on just to see what they were. Needless to say W1 D2 most of them were turned off. I have liked it so far. I have 6 1/2 weeks left but this is the longest I have stuck with a program before. :P