In need of reasonably priced women's active wear!!

Options
Ok, so I've always just exercised in jeans because I hate the way I look in sweats or other work out gear. However... That just ain't gonna fly any more. So, I am in somewhat desperate need of plus-size sweats, and a good, STURDY sports bra (cannot find this to save my soul!). The trouble is, I need a reasonable price (under $20 per piece, preferably), and all of my go-to places (Lane Bryant, Torrid, JMS, Hanes, etc) are out of my size in the things I need. :(

Help? Please and thank you!

Signed -
Severely in need of clothes, despite what my husband says. ;)

Replies

• TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hmmmm.. d1ck's is having a big clearance sale right now.. I just got 2 pairs of shorts (Nike) for $15.00 a piece, although I am not sure what size they go up to.

believe it or not, Walmart actually has some decent stuff too. Check their woman's section and the bra section (they have larger sized support/sports bras there) ..

Best of luck!
  • spiderdiane
    Options
    ****'s runs a bit small, but thanks. :) I'm looking for 3x size still. :( Checked Walmart, and they have what I need, but not the right sizes... I'm late in the season for buying this crap apparently. :((
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Old Navy for shirts/pants. Target has some decent ones too. Not sure about the bras though.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Target has a pretty decent selection.
  • mhewlitt
    mhewlitt Posts: 5
    Options
    Old Navy has all their active wear 40% off right now. I am a 2x/3x but fit into their xxl compression capris and LOVE them! Nothing jiggles in those things! The sports bra I got from the plus section of their site, and it is actually pretty decent except for really high impact things. I love everything I got from there!
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I actually love Target's Activewear- specifically their Champion brand! {they go up to XXL in bottoms}
    My fave brand is Lululemon, but usually only get things from "We Made Too Much" for their clearance prices---some of Target's designs are even starting to mimic Lululemon's designs!
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It may not be your thing but have you tried a thrift store or consignment shop
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jc Penney