Signs of Success with moments of Distress

Options
cparter
cparter Posts: 754 Member
Wonder if there are others out there who see their progress but continue to be obsessive with the thought that there can be more.

January of this year:

SW: 235
Neck: 18.5
Waist:43
Height: 5'7"
Life style: Sedative
Energy: What's that
Problems: Sleep Apnea, trouble walking up stairs, ankles starting to hurt, kidneys aching, high blood pressure, cholesterol, borderline diabetes, and aching knees

Swing forward to today:
CW: 192 (maybe lower but waiting until my offical weigh date)
Neck: 16
Waist: 35
Life Style: Active
Energy: Always pepped up
Problems: Still have to verify with doctor about the HBP, CHOL and Diabetes but I am sure they are gone. Aches from running but nothing to worry about since they are not pains. Can sleep without snoring like a trumpet so sleep apnea is gone and I can run stairs now. My main problem now is looking in the mirror and saying okay you have gotten this far but when will you have that wash board stomach again. I see most of my 6 pack showing through again but oh how I over evaluate myself so I wish there were less mirrors to worry with. I have to bunch all my pants up in the waist so I can look somewhat neat when I put my belt own because I do not want to waste money on clothes just yet. May have to go to the thrift store though just to make it to my final weight. These clothes are looking baggy. The issues I have is that I know I am doing the right things in exercise and eating right. Still I remember the old me that got me to here and what that cat did to my body so I continue to look, ponder, wonder and evaluate.

You say well, where is the success in this. The success that in all this distress I am conscious of what a few bad decisions can do. I am conscious with the fact that if I allow status quo to take over I will only slip back into the obyss. I see the finish line ahead so there is no need to worry but I continue to evaluate and push on.

I hope you all too learn, evaluate your progress and push on. We have all done well even if we lost 6 lbs or 200. But the real fruit of this journey is making the right choice. Too often we live by a choice because we feel we can not let go. I am here to tell you that you will never be free until you let go and live.

I have 34 lbs left to my goal and I am 13 weeks away from my goal of being fit for a marathon although the marathon is 31 weeks away. I am psyched to be alive and well. I am so looking forward to seeing my doctors face in October when he see that I have lost between 50 and 60 lbs (depend on how my progress continues). I am looking forward to a clean bill of health and all that medication in the garbage. I embrace and enjoy the fruits of my labor and I consciously say no to bad foods, obsessive living and couch potatoes. I am free at last. Thank God, I am free at last.

Carlos - Notorious face on typing while rare on grammar and spell checking to critique the mind and not the heart :happy:

Replies

• paulgee11369
    Options
    thanks for posting this. this is a real encouragement to me as it sounds way all too familiar.

I too was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol 2 years ago no energy, felt like I was useless to myself and family. in July of this year I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes what a slap in the face for a wake up call. I realized if I didn't change right then and there my kids would not have a father for long, and I grew up with out parents from the age of 15 and swore I would not put my kids through that if I could help it.

well the day I was diagnosed with diabetes I changed my eating habits( I hate the word diet) and have become more aware of what and how much I eat started to exercise and with help from my new doctor and wonderful support from a great wife and family I have lost 12 lbs already and already have tons more of energy, some days better than others, but awesome non the less.

I am glad someone my wife works with showed her this site as it is a big help and the support is second to none.

stories like this keep me motavated and make me want to continue my journey of changing my lifestyle.

Congrats Carlos on your sucsess and again thank you for posting your sucsess story it is a real inspiration to me as I felt that I wrote it myself it hit home so hard.

let us know how you do on your marathon and good luck with that reaching your goal.

my goal is 70lbs and I am 12 down in 1 month.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm still heavy, but consider it an amazing accomplishment to have completed three 1/2 marathons. I wouldn't train for a full one until I'm under 200 lbs., but having a shorter race to train for and complete is great for the self esteem. And the medal wall!
    Would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in your doctor's appointment. WTG!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!