George Foreman!

Options
SoDamnHungry
SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
Has anyone purchased a George Foreman grill recently? The older versions seem like they're fine, but I read a lot of negative reviews about the most recent versions. I don't mind if it's a little flimsy, but people were talking about the teflon coating coming off after a few uses. The specific one I want to get is the 36 square inch one. I'm looking for reviews from people who have purchased it within the past year.

Replies

• jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I have the white 36 sq. inch version and I have cooked on it about 4 times a week for the last 3 weeks. I love it so far.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Are you over 50
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Are you over 50

Should I wait to buy one until I'm 50? Because I'm hungry now. =(
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    We've had a Forman grill for many years now.. and haven't used it in ages. When you buy extra-lean meat, it cooks FAST and tends to dry it out - hence why it sits and gathers dust...

eta - your profile pic is SLAMMIN, girl!!!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    I bought a small one about a year or so ago. The Teflon has worn a little, but it isn't enough to cause any fear or problems. It heats up FAST, cooks things FAST and has all the taste of a grill without the fat. I love mine! I can throw a grilled avocado-cheese-tomato sandwich on there and get it in less than a minute nice and crispy. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    I bought a small one about a year or so ago. The Teflon has worn a little, but it isn't enough to cause any fear or problems. It heats up FAST, cooks things FAST and has all the taste of a grill without the fat. I love mine! I can throw a grilled avocado-cheese-tomato sandwich on there and get it in less than a minute nice and crispy. :)

How long until the teflon wore? It's supposed to be pretty bad if you eat it...
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    We've had a Forman grill for many years now.. and haven't used it in ages. When you buy extra-lean meat, it cooks FAST and tends to dry it out - hence why it sits and gathers dust...

eta - your profile pic is SLAMMIN, girl!!!

Well thank you! =)
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I had a George Foreman grill about 8 years ago but I really didn't like how it cooked things. Food would stick to it a lot. I've had better luck with a grill pan. Some of the pans are cheaper too!
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    I had a George Foreman grill about 8 years ago but I really didn't like how it cooked things. Food would stick to it a lot. I've had better luck with a grill pan. Some of the pans are cheaper too!

Interesting. I'll look into those...
  • SoDamnHungry
    Options
    Anyone else bought a George Foreman in the past year or so?
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We've had this one for the past year - http://www.amazon.co.uk/George-Foreman-12205-Entertaining-Removable/dp/B0009XDEHO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371410901&sr=8-2&keywords=george+foreman+grill+removable+plates
    It's still in great condition even though it gets used most days.
    I'd definitely recommend buying one, I hate it when I'm back at university and don't have one!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I bought a generic version and I love it. It works really well.:bigsmile:
  • Josh_H
    Josh_H Posts: 1,151
    Options
    i use mine all the time its my 2nd one
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Love my Foreman grill! I spray with Pam, prior to adding meat, lay wet paper towels on it after it is unplugged and it's going strong after about 60 uses! No Teflon shearing.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I love mine. I have one with removable plates
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    `Awe the GF.
    I used it a few times and it made my food rubbery.
    Thankfully I had a witch for a roommate we got into a fight and she threw it at me.
    That was the end of GF