What foods do you want to stay away from?

Options
Hey guys :) Just wondering since I'm on a diet now, what foods should I avoid and which food should I not eat as much of?

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Stay away from food? What? Don't stay away from anything. Just eat what you want in - in moderation.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    If I try to stay away from any of my favorite foods, I just end up eating way more of something else, and feeling super guilty. Like SmartAlec said, enjoy what you want, and make it fit into your macros:)
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    for me.. takeaways :)
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Margarine. It's full of saturated fat. Eat butter instead, it tastes better.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything I would avoid completely.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I stay away from food where I can't control my serving quantities. For example, popcorn. I love the stuff, but can't stop eating it, so I won't have it in the house. Same with cookies.
  • stagingfirstplace
    stagingfirstplace Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    dont be restrictive but steer away from trigger foods. yes you are dieting but you also want to change your lifestyle in a way that you can maintain the weight that you have lost in the future. when choosing foods and making shopping lists do not think of food as good or bad, think how it can benefit you and your goals and make the choice from there.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key to success here. If you limit and deny yourself, well, bad things happen.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Moderation is the key to success here. If you limit and deny yourself, well, bad things happen.

This.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Meat. Far far away. It makes me gag.

Besides that...nothing. Oh and my best advice is do not call it a "diet". I never had success on a "diet'.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I avoid spouts, avocado and broccoli, nothing to do with diet though.

OK Jenni ... 'Nutritional plan' then ;)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts, kale, peas, green beans, asparagus.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Food is good, its idiots I stay away from.
    tumblr_m735hnelzY1qgkbruo1_500_zpsf59f74ad.gif
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Partially hydrogenated crap.
    Meals in boxes
    Commercially available frozen meals
    White rice
    Packaged white bread
    Salami, hot dogs, etc.
    Crappy candy
    Fake food in general
    Fast food
    Sugar/diet soda pop
    Deep fried food
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm staying away from soda pop, added table salt, and desserts (sweets).
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This is what I am right now except I sometimes have a fruit bar.
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Stay away from fake foods such as hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and highly processed white flour and sugar. Stay away from GMOs.

Eat real food-veggies, fruit, quinoa, seeds, nuts, legumes, eggs, lean proteins such chicken and fish that are free range, cage free and not farm raised (this is for fish and seafood),
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Ermahgerd-Pop-Tarts-Meme.jpg
  • sash3619
    sash3619 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Partially hydrogenated crap.
    Meals in boxes
    Commercially available frozen meals
    White rice
    Packaged white bread
    Salami, hot dogs, etc.
    Crappy candy
    Fake food in general
    Fast food
    Sugar/diet soda pop
    Deep fried food
    This^^ is my list of food I try to stay away from. I just strive to eat 80% of the time clean. And I am not going to feel guilty if I had a slice of pizza or a cookie as long as it's in moderation.
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think one of my biggest problems is eating at night. I will always get hungry because i'm a night owl and am up until around 12-1. But my problem is what I eat. I'll eat whatever is closest and easiest and that's normally candy,chips, and chocolate. Anyone have any tips on how I can beat these midnight munchies
  • thepezzle
    thepezzle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Only thing I've cut out is any place with a drive-thru. Except for dunkin donuts. I like drive-thru coffee.