Any good exercise to tone you stomach

Options
Hey guys I'm just wondering what are your guys stretches or exercise to tone you stomach so it isn't all flabby? Thanks I appreciate it

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts. Sometimes I throw in pikes and planks. Today I did russian twists but it was mostly to kill some time in between sets of squats.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Belly curls
  • ryanna01
    ryanna01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I do crunches a lot but i've heard that if you do those it doesn't really do something. Also whenever I do planks it's always that I somehow hurt myself and my rib area becomes so sore for a couple days. Any idea why?
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I do crunches a lot but i've heard that if you do those it doesn't really do something. Also whenever I do planks it's always that I somehow hurt myself and my rib area becomes so sore for a couple days. Any idea why?

It sounds like the muscles in between your ribs are just sore. They are part of your core and get worked during a plank.
  • runnerg85281
    Options
    My favorite exercise is eating a salad. It really pops the abs!
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My favorite exercise is eating a salad. It really pops the abs!

Completely false.

Salad=carb=fat
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options

It sounds like the muscles in between your ribs are just sore. They are part of your core and get worked during a plank.
    the first few times i did the plank i was sore all around the bottom edge of my ribcage - i figure that's a good thing because strengthening those muscles might end up making my ribcage appear smaller. (don't burst my bubble on that count pls...)
    anyhow, it also taught me how sadly lacking my lower back strength was....
  • sj_1970
    sj_1970 Posts: 38
    Options
    Reverse crunches they have a lot of videos online about how to do them correctly.
  • ryanna01
    Options
    Also when I start losing weight will my thighs get smaller too? Or what's something you can do to get them smaller?
  • vanderschaaf3
    Options
    lose body fat. = cardio, and lowering your maintaining calories 250-500 cals. Try morning cardio on a empty stomach, with say a green tea and BCCA (branch chain amino acids) , maybe l-carintine, keep it low intensity for 45-60 mins. (slow walk- mid/fast walk). Get some omega 3's in your diet as well. Easy on the carbs more protein/ good fats. Enjoy!
    Do your research

-Cameron
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of it's proper name, but there is a move where you are on your hands and feet (push up position) and bring your knees up to your side while holding said position, then back to starting position, then alternate legs. It's killer for the abs.
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    If you want to make any area of your body smaller, you have to lose body fat. You don't get to choose where it comes from and there are no exercises that will make the fat leave certain areas first. Your genetics pic that. Some people are genetically predisposed to carrying their extra fat in their thighs and others will carry in their midsection.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    fork set downs and table pushaways.

Sometimes I superset with mouth closers.
  • SkinnyWar
    SkinnyWar Posts: 1
    Options
    I always do a special workout, everyday:
    2x30 crunches
    2x30 cross body crunches
    2x30 hip thrusts
    2x30 oblique v ups
    2x30 reverse crunches
    2x30 russian oblique twists
    2x30 vertical leg crunches
    2x30 side crunches

It reallt works, I saw the difference after just two weeks :')
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    plank
  • ryanna01
    Options
    2x30 crunches
    2x30 cross body crunches
    2x30 hip thrusts
    2x30 oblique v ups
    2x30 reverse crunches
    2x30 side crunches

I'm gonna have to search a bunch of these but I'll have to try it haha
  • sarahstrezo
    Options
    2x30 crunches
    2x30 cross body crunches
    2x30 hip thrusts
    2x30 oblique v ups
    2x30 reverse crunches
    2x30 side crunches

I'm gonna have to search a bunch of these but I'll have to try it haha

You could do that workout until you are blue in the face, but if at the end of the day, you have a layer of fat over your midsection...you'll never see your abs.
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you want to make any area of your body smaller, you have to lose body fat. You don't get to choose where it comes from and there are no exercises that will make the fat leave certain areas first. Your genetics pic that. Some people are genetically predisposed to carrying their extra fat in their thighs and others will carry in their midsection.

^^^ exactly^^^ can't spot reduce, do a mix of weight traing cardio and keep your diet in check. No magic pills, no secret exercises. Hard work plain and simple. You get out what you put into it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ This.
    fork set downs and table pushaways.

Sometimes I superset with mouth closers.
    ^ And this.

There's no such thing as spot reducing. You can do all the ab exercises you want, but until you lose the fat over them, all you'll have is a really strong core buried under fat.
  • ryanna01
    Options
    So basically keep doing cardio until I loss the fat on my stomach then work on toning it?