Almond butter vs. peanut butter?

Options
It seems a lot of people who are into fitness are obsessed with almond butter, a lot of the time it seems preferred over peanut butter. I personally think almond butter doesn't even taste that good, especially compared to peanut butter, so what's so amazing about almond butter? Does it have more protein or something? What's the dealllllll

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I stick to peanut butter.
  • drezda123
    drezda123 Posts: 8
    Options
    My son is allergic to peanuts so I have learned to love almond butter. That being said I wish I could have peanut butter. I do buy Justine's Maple Almond Butter because the plan kind doesn't taste as good on my apples.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I've tried Maranatha's Almond Butter & it was pretty good.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I prefer the taste. I can eat almond butter regularly (and do). Actually, I like most nut butters better than peanut. Peanut butter I like maybe once every couple of weeks, and then I want it with lots of banana to cut the taste. The flavor is just too strong for me.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I bought it and discovered I really dislike almond butter. I love peanut butter.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I've got to try almond butter. Peanut butter with honey on it is lovely, so maybe if the almond tastes "off" to me I'll load it with honey!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i personally hate peanuts and peanut butter, but honestly my preference is cashew butter.
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've tried Maranatha's Almond Butter & it was pretty good.

Love this one!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I love both almond butter and cashew butter. Unfortunately they are so expensive that now I'm retired I have to stick to peanut butter. . :( I do have a friend who used to hire me to make almond mousse pie for her late dad, who loved it.)
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    What are the benefits of eating almonds vs peanuts? They offer the advantages of nuts. Grind them up into a paste. There is no difference besides the macro densities of each. Hocus pocus!
  • crystal2point0
    crystal2point0 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like it but its a completely different food for me, there is NO replacing my pb. When I want a pb sammich or pb & crackers I'm not gonna be reaching for almond butter. BUT, almond butter and banana......YUMMY!
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mix a few tablespoons with a melted hersheys bar. Do it for Hershey...do it for your taste buds. :/
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been eating almond butter since the beginning of June because I am trying the Paleo diet for the month. Peanuts are legumes and therefore not Paleo....so almond butter is the alternative. While it's not my favorite crunchy peanut butter, I don't mind the taste and it's been pretty good on celery or paleo banana cinnamon waffles.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eat whichever one you think tastes better. It's not going to make a difference. I prefer PB...and nutella....sandwiches. AWWWW YEAH.
  • smn76237
    smn76237 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love all the nut butters. And peanut butter. I don't discriminate.
    A lot of people are pro-almond butter to replace peanut butter in part because of the paleo diet craze that says legumes are bad for you.
    Almond butter has more fat than peanut butter, but more monosaturated fats and less saturated fat. Peanut butter has more protein and B vitamins, but almond butter has fewer carbs and more fiber. Both have selenium, magnesium, and potassium. Both are delicious.
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    I have never tried almond butter and really have no desire to do so. I love peanut butter. I do not like almonds and think they taste like wood. Of course an almond chocolate candy bar is very good but that is not EVEN an option anymore. lol So I will stick to my tsp. of peanut butter on my 1 pc. of wheat toast.