Oh grandma.....

Options
freyaheart
freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
I was telling my grandmother that I wanted a heart heart monitor to wear when I work out and that I had two specific models in mind. I did not tell her the all the spec because I knew it would go over her head, she's 92 and technology just eludes her. I wasn''t asking her to buy me anything I was just kicking the idea around and asking her of the two which one I should go with the forearm strap or the chest strap.

To be specific I am looking at getting the Rhythm by Scosche or the BlueHR made by Wahoo. I want them to be able to connect to my phone so I can see what I am actually accomplishing with my work outs. But back to my story.

I went to her house to have lunch today and come to find out she bought me a heart rate monitor! It was at Ollie's, a bargain store, for $20. It is a watch from a brand I have never heard of.

I love that she thought about me and bought this! But it's the typical grandma thing. You tell her you want a Transformer and she gets the walmart knock off instead. :P

I am happy and this will keep me held over until I have the money to spend of a really nice HRM but I just think it is kind of funny.

I love my grandma, bless her heart.

Edit: It's a Smart Health watch. It tracks steps, calories burned, distance and heart rate. Apparently you can get it at most pharmacies and usually sells for $50. in a lot of ways it's like my fitbit without the connectivity and a hrm

Replies

• Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    That's very cute actually. I would make a point of wearing it whenever I visit, if I were you. Just a little gesture so she knows her effort is appreciated.
  • freyaheart
    Options
    That's very cute actually. I would make a point of wearing it whenever I visit, if I were you. Just a little gesture so she knows her effort is appreciated.

I actually do like it. It is a little bulky but a cute gift none the less. even when I do get the desired HRM I think I will still wear it. :tongue:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Grandmas are awesome!
  • freyaheart
    Options
    Grandmas are awesome!

Indeed!