If I can do it, so can YOU.

Options
I can not tell you how many times in the past 3 years since I've had my son that I've tried and failed at staying within my calorie goals and exercising. The past year especially, I've tried and tried and tried to no avail.

Well, this past week, I've finally done it. I feel amazing. I am 6 days in and almost 5 pounds down. I am within my calorie goal and not even eating back my exercise calories! I make sure that I eat lots of protein with my main meals to keep me full and energized. I drink lots of water and occasionally I have a Pepsi Max :wink:

I think what made me really get moving was I started the Slim In 6 dvd. I was lucky to get it free from a friend of mine and wow! It gets you sweating in no time but it seriously goes by so fast. Everytime it comes to the last exercise, I'm always shocked that it's almost over. The first 3 days, I couldn't do more than 3 push ups and now I am up to 10. They are the hardest part of the dvd for me but you quickly build strength!

I guess I just wanted to say that if I can do it, so can you! I realize that I am still very early into this but I feel unstoppable. It feels different this time! I am resisting cravings and actually lastnight was the first night that I didn't even WANT to go into the kitchen and snack.

My diary is public if anyone cares to look. I don't log my exercise on here because it's too tempting to eat back the calories when I log it. A lot of people eat back exercise calories which is fine but I don't want to so yeah.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement! :happy:

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I am not impressed with your diary. I only went back to last Sunday and I see days of 700-900 ish calories
    :noway:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    There are so many things wrong here.

You are doing it wrong.

You are starving yourself.

Good luck.
  • beautifuldiskize
    Options
    There are so many things wrong here.

You are doing it wrong.

You are starving yourself.

Good luck.

That's unfair. I'm pretty sure I would know if I was starving. I eat when I'm hungry. Do you not see all of the things listed under snacks? I don't have them separated so that you can see when I eat them, but they are spread throughout the day.
    1200 calories is not starving yourself.

The 700-900 days was for a few days when I was trying to shrink my appetite. I've been doing the 1210 calorie plan which MFP actually mapped out for me in their RECOMMENDED section.

I'm doing extremely well and I'm not starving. Matter of fact, I'm having a snack as I type this :)

I guess I was wrong to post something to try and motivate others and to show how proud of myself I am that I'm finally sticking to something.

Guess I'll spread my joy elsewhere next time. Good day.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    well done, do what works for you, but just have too many low calorie days