No carb snacks?

Options
I am trying to stay away from as much carb as possible! Apart from apples could you please suggest some snack ideas!
I seem to make the wrong snack choices. Thanks

Replies

• carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Any veggie except white potatoes. Cheese,slim Jim's, any nut and salty are good on low carb' if you must have chocolate or sweet try the Atkins indulge they r really good . Ham and lettuce roll ups r good too, chicken or tuna salad works too.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, jerky, cottage cheese and nuts. the jerky, cottage cheese and nuts have some carbs, but not enough to really spike your insulin
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Roasted chick peas are awesome, and the best part is that you can flavor them however you'd want! Drain a can of chick peas and spread them on a cookie sheet with some parchment paper, roast for 25 minutes at 375. When they come out, you can coat them in anything. Last time I made them, I mixed some curry paste, cumin, black pepper, and lime juice. They were AMAZING!
  • scottyellwood
    Options
    don't try to stay away from all carbs, try to keep below 30g a day. That'll leave you enough room for the useable carbs in veg.

Cheesestrings are good, sugar free jelly even better.

small amounts of greek yoghurt, usually around about 7g of carbs per 100g of yoghurt.

cucumber sandwhiches. Whole cucumber split in half with sandwhich filler such as turkey slices inbetween.

Nuts are my main snack.

http://athlete.io/5688/ultra-low-carb-cheesy-jalapeno-biscuits/ those are a beast.

eggs, water and almond flour mixed together into a pancake mix. fry them, add stevia and there you go, low carb pancakes.

Essentially just have a look on google for low carb snacks. Thats where I get all my info from.
  • snivvy
    snivvy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1/2 tin of tuna for me. Great pre or post workout too.