Maintenance Mama :)

Options
This is officially my 6th month of maintenance! Here's to many, many more!!! :flowerforyou:

SW: 244 lbs.
CW: 134 lbs.

Pant Size Before: 22
Pant Size Now: 8

Replies

• tech_sarah
    Options
    way to go! I've lost alot of weight in the past and kept it off also. My trouble right now is dealing with stress and maintaining.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    How cool! You know, I was just thinking myself how tomorrow I will hit 120 days of consecutive logging in, remembering that when I started that seemed like an eternity when I would see other people getting there. The time does fly by, and the results do come. I now look to what you have accomplished and salute you - you are one of my new heroes! I'll continue the next leg of my journey thinking of what you have accomplished and I will someday join you! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS! And thank you SO MUCH for your inspiration!
  • abaerny
    abaerny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic. What a great acheivement. I think that maintenence is almost as hard as losing it all. But I really think that MFP will help when I get to that point. Keep it up!!!
  • bevdc
    bevdc Posts: 18
    Options
    How awesome! Congratulations!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    way to go! I've lost alot of weight in the past and kept it off also. My trouble right now is dealing with stress and maintaining.

Stress is huge! We just moved out of state a few months ago, we're in financial hardship, & my Husband had to find a new job! I'm glad that I've dealt with these obstacles without them effecting my weight, but it hasn't been easy! At least you're making the effort to stay focused, girl :)
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Thank you so much, guys!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    so proud of you girl!!!!
  • jlaurenm
    Options
    that's wonderful! Any advice on how to transition between losing weight and maintaining? I'm to the point where I'd like to possibly increase my calorie intake and maintain my weight, but fear gaining the weight back...

Thanks, and congrats! :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    that's wonderful! Any advice on how to transition between losing weight and maintaining? I'm to the point where I'd like to possibly increase my calorie intake and maintain my weight, but fear gaining the weight back...

Thanks, and congrats! :)

Thank you all!

Congrats on being close to your goal!!! I slowly added in about 50cal extra a week, ate the same foods, that way I didn't shock my body after restricting calories for so long! I very carefully monitored my weight while I did this to make sure I wasn't gaining, and eventually reached a maintenance level, between 1400-1700cal. I'm 5'2 & have my settings set at sedentary, b/c I'm a stay at home mom/student... even though my days are far from sedentary, I just like to underestimate activity level for wiggle room purposes ;) Keep up the awesome work!
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic. It is great you have a plan to keep it off as well, way to go!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats.... you look fabulous and you have worked HARD and have been relentlessly dedicated to achieve those results. Proud to have you on my friends list :-) You inspire me!
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Wow, I read your page. You completely turned it around. You should be proud of yourself.
  • bellinachuchina
    Options
    Thanks, guys!!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am hoping to be like you some day! :)
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! congratulations!!!! maintenance can be just as challenging as losing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!