Hello

Options
Just thought I would introduce myself as the new girl in the class.
I only joined last night so still getting the hang of it all.
All tips and advice welcome

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Tips and advice.

If you eat to much then you will get fat and could eventuelly die. However if you eat to little you will die. Lose weight in a healthy way. Do not starve you body, it requires fuel. Less fuel will result in the weight loss you are looking for but not enough will result in an engine that fails to work at all.
  • David1406
    David1406 Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi there...greetings from the UK. I've been on here for 35 days now and have lost over 7kg. It's a superb system if you get into the habit of logging everything, and making each day a challenge to succeed. A lot of people 'eat' the exercise calories they generate...I tend not to..just treat them as a weight loss bonus. But get people on your 'Friends' list and you'll find the support and encouragement are superb. There are some totally awesome weight losses out there from folk who have followed the my Fitness Pal system. Who needs costly programmes like Weight Watchers? MFP does everything WW does..and then some! Good luck in your quest.
  • ani40
    ani40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you for our warm welcome I am certainly going to try my best!
  • sherryj2013
    sherryj2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to the program. Like you I have been on it for about a month. I was on weight watchers before this and I would say I like this program better.
  • uwharriegold
    Options
    Welcome aboard! This is a wonderful community of people helping people become fit and healthy. I've been here almost every single day for 5 months. I don't do a lot of community messaging, but have a small committed group of friends who have helped me SO MUCH and hopefully I've helped them. My opinion is that you can succeed if you really commit -- put your photo (or an icon ... or something) to identify yourself and fill in your profile if you want friends who have something in common with you .. lots of folks team up according to age, geography or programs. Best of luck!
  • splashgirl386
    Options
    I'm also new and like you, any advice is welcome......anyone out there looking to lose who is also hypoglycemic? I have naturally low blood sugar and it affects EVERY aspect of my life!!! Almost impossible to find uniform information. Ask the same question of 10 doctors and get 10 different answers. They simply don't know.....so.....this is MY journey and I'm learning as I go. Wish me luck!!!
  • sevlaadnil
    Options
    Hello,I am an introvert and don't have many friends so I am going to try getting the support I need from the MFP community :smile:

I started my weigh loss journey a few months ago but I've been using MFP for only a couple of weeks. I really enjoy being able to keep track of my calorie intake. I still watch what I'm eating but It's great not having to restrict myself, if I want to eat some chocolate I know I can eat it as long as I stay under my goal or do some extra walking to balance it out. Love that!
  • ani40
    ani40 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck with your journey, perhaps you should start a blog or group as there may be othr people in your situation. You never who may be there to help or indeed for you to help