Wow, New member

Options
Wow, its amazing how fast the calories add up during the day. This is definitely an eye opener!

Replies

• qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    welcome!

yes, it sure is easy to mindlessly eat if you do not know how many calories are in what you are eating. For me my portions were way out of whack, and I knew it, but by weighing and measuring and keeping a food journal, you become aware
    of how the weight went on and how much you can eat to lose it, one pound at a time
  • JAYRFOXY1
    JAYRFOXY1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to and that was the first thing i thought to after writing in everything i ate i realized i was always that person who thinks i dont know why im fat ... i dont eat that much ... boy was i wrong ... this system really opens your eyes and gets you out of denial ... Good luck here !
  • SherryWatson
    Options
    thanks everyone for the welcome. I like the way you can enter what you eat, and how much you eat, and how fast it makes you think, oh i don't need that now. I'm hooked.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You will learn quickly that you need to make those calories count.

Eat up on lots of fiber and protein to keep you full.

Get your fruits and veggies.

You'll be fine. There's a learning curve, but you'll find what keeps you full
    You can check out my food diary if you'd like. I am rarely hungry during the day. Except maybe right before a meal. And if I am, I have room for a snack in between meals.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
    Steph
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    It took me one week to get used to eating the right amount of calories for my goal...it took me about another two weeks to figure out how/what to eat in such a way that I wasn't always hungry and at my caloric goal. There was a lot of trial and error there, and in the beginning I was frequently going to bed hungry. :-( I don't anymore! :-) And, I'm usually under my goal now (though I try to stick close).

I still measure and weigh just about everything! :-) I'm pretty sure thats just become part of my life, since I'm rubbish at estimating accurately. :-)