I keep running into...

Options
ReinaJaLaNa
ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
...my ever-growing biceps in the shower.

It's great but weird -- feels like an unexpected guest or something!

Anyway, are there any "run-ins" like this that you've had with your body -- parts of it that you were so used to being one way for so long that it kind of throws you off and surprises you to discover it so differently one day, seemingly out of the blue?

Replies

• alisonsurf
    alisonsurf Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can reach all the way around my leg shaving in the shower again. I hadn't realized I had lost flexibility AND that my thigh was so huge until recently!
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Mine are less "run-ins" and more "missed encounters"! :laugh: Things like going to rest my hand or my drink on my belly, and having it slide off because my belly is so much smaller. Though the saddest was my cat- when he was a kitten he used to sleep up on my chest. Well he's gotten a LOT bigger and I've gotten so much smaller, but he still tries that and slides right off!
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I keep on doing a double take in the mirror in the morning because I keep on running into person thinner in the face and stomach, then I realize it's me!! :laugh:
  • trin5703
    trin5703 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ankles!... I have Ankles! With bones you can see!
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My collarbones are back! woot woot :)
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    My hipbones--who knew they have sharp edges.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i didnt realize how big i was until my girlfriend said " WOW! i can actually wrap my arms around you now, a year ago i could barely touch my fingertips together" 43 more pounds to go :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    tricep muscles, its throws my coordination off wile writing or using my mouse. Just the sheer awesomeness of it all.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    When you can scrub your own back without the help of a back scrubber because your arms/back aren't as fat anymore and you've become more flexible as a result. That's when I know I'm leaning out.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I keep doing half squats and poking my quads. They're darling.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bony knees. Glad to see them but I now have to sleep with a pillow between them since I lost my padding.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Bony knees. Glad to see them but I now have to sleep with a pillow between them since I lost my padding.

I am SO glad to see someone else has this issue, I thought I was the only one!
  • Dormowa
    Dormowa Posts: 4
    Options
    Lol. When I'm laying on my back and my arm grazes my pelvic bone! Its like whoa whoa who put that there?!
  • kglading
    kglading Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hipbones and collarbones! I was like... Holy cow, what are those... Wait.. I can see my collarbones?! I can feel my hipbones?!?! And then I promptly checked myself out in the mirror... Quite a bit... xD
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Where did the love handles and the gut go?

Hello chest and arms!

Ribs, yup they were there all the time, exciting.
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol this is all great.. Glad I'm not the only one bumping into my own foreign body parts.
  • MsDkis1
    MsDkis1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can reach down and tie my own sneakers!!! I used to have to ask my daughter to come in and do it for me! Now I can tie them myself!! :blushing:
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I just mentioned to my hubby how shaving my legs has become more work, since I have to change direction around my new muscles...
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    ...my ever-growing biceps in the shower.

It's great but weird -- feels like an unexpected guest or something!

Anyway, are there any "run-ins" like this that you've had with your body -- parts of it that you were so used to being one way for so long that it kind of throws you off and surprises you to discover it so differently one day, seemingly out of the blue?

Nice!!

I love my arms and shoulders.

But most recently I have noticed a more curvaceous and firm hind quarters. :wink:
    Thank you squats!! No more pancake butt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!