Burn...Grannie...Burn!

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
No...Not that kind of burn, though I did a bunch of laps in the pool today. This burn is something I haven't had, since I was in my teens. I actually put some color on my lily white upper arms and even my legs. For me, this is another success. I had wanted some 'color' for a while, but I wasn't willing to put so much flesh out there to be baked, until this week. New swim wear and 3 days in the pool gave me more than just a good workout.

06-14-13FirstSunburnInYears01_zps82d9b291.jpg?t=1371272817

At first, I thought that the house felt 'a little warm' tonight; and my feet were a bit itchy. That's when I saw the pink on my feet. I went right for a mirror and discovered that I now have a rosy glow right down my arms, my legs, over my face and all the way to my clevage. Grannie is now really rosie. :laugh:

and yes...I will be buying some waterproof sunscreen tomorrow. I want some color, but I don't want to end beet red and sore.

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Options
    I'm not sure why you think burning grannies should be under success stories.

This 68 year old grannie had not put on a swimsuit, since she was 18. That's 50 years of fearing to wear a swimsuit in public. I got my first swimdress and got in a pool this week. Believe me. That is a success story.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

We send kids to bed after reading them a story about a big bad wolf eating someone's grannie, so this isn't too bad..
  • MoreLikeMe43
    MoreLikeMe43 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Somebody didn't get the memo. ;-)

(Do get that sunscreen, though.)
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    shes gunna be not only fit but tan too! oooooo grannie you get on with your bad self! :]
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    This 68 year old grannie had not put on a swimsuit, since she was 18. That's 50 years of fearing to wear a swimsuit in public. I got my first swimdress and got in a pool this week. Believe me. That is a success story.

Very well done!
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    Very well done!

Thanks, Player. I like your Erkle. (spelling?)
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats, after 50 years that is a huge feat! :)
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    SHE'S A HOTTIE! :bigsmile:
    ;D
    I'm so happy for you sporting your suit...and enjoying the pool again....
    If you find it easier...or if you have sensitive skin...
    they do make swim shirts - short and long sleeve - Body Glove is one brand...but there are knock offs too.
    I get tired of all the sunscreen - so I often put myself and kids in those.... ;D
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    as grannie-aged myself, and one who spends a LOT of time in the water (I live in Hawaii), I highly recommend the sunblocking shirts: they keep you cool, protect your skin, and dry quickly.

And as a fellow grannie-aged, I say, You go, Girl!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Look at those Rosie cheeks, you look great!
  • Hanfordrose
    Options
    SHE'S A HOTTIE! :bigsmile:
    ;D
    I'm so happy for you sporting your suit...and enjoying the pool again....
    If you find it easier...or if you have sensitive skin...
    they do make swim shirts - short and long sleeve - Body Glove is one brand...but there are knock offs too.
    I get tired of all the sunscreen - so I often put myself and kids in those.... ;D

I am actually glad to see that pink on arms and legs. I don't want to burn; but I really do want a tan on those area of stark white. Some day, I want to be able to actually wear tops that don't cover those arms from the elbows up. I also want to have my arms free to do my laps. So sunscreen...here I come.

My hubbie Ed will enjoy applying that stuff anyway. In fact, he may enjoy it way too much. Gotta love him. :happy:
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for another cheery post on your amazing efforts! Well done and make sure you get that sunscreen because pretty soon you'll be doing 100 laps you'll be in the sun for a long time (and get some for Ed too). I hope your burn turns to a nice golden glow.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Great story, well done regaining the confidence to show some skin...can we burn one down now to celebrate.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Great story, well done regaining the confidence to show some skin...can we burn one down now to celebrate.

^^ lmfao this is why I love you!

And yes op fantastic story! You enjoy the hell out of that pool, you look great! :flowerforyou:
  • Joyinherjourney
    Joyinherjourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OUCH!
    I am Irish/English/with a splash of German so I burn in the moonlight! :laugh:
    Joy
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Once again you have given me a chuckle to start my day. You are such an inspiration. I know the feeling of wanting a little color. That's why I mow wearing a sports bra when no one is around.
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get some aloe for the burn when you get the sunsreen, it will rehydrate your skin.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    OP you go!! Awesome story. Just goes to show what may not be a big deal for some people is an awesome step forward for others... thanks for sharing.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You know, one of your other posts inspired me today to try on my old swimsuits for the summer while I was reorganizing my closets for summer and came across them. I really should take pictures and post them on here. Anyway, I tried them on and although I haven't been on here long and although they weren't too big on me yet, I did notice they they looked a lot better on me than last year and I'm happy to say I felt confident wearing them. Thank you for the inspiration and keep up the work!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Can I say "I Love You" !! You are such an inspiration!! You Go Girl!!:love::flowerforyou: :heart: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!