Hello from Ireland

Options
Hi all,
I'm Moira, just turned 45, gave up smoking in November, started running in January, completed my first half marathon in June. I want to lose around 20-25lb. I've found that I am losing no weight with the running but I'm eating more after giving up smoking. I need to discipline myself to eat better and continue with the exercise now that I've completed my goal of running the half marathon.

Replies

• Sharon31847
    Sharon31847 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on giving up smoking, and training for the half marathon.
    I have never smoked, I enjoy eating, and I eat to much. I started phase 1 a week ago and I have lost over 5.
    I could use the extra motivation also.
    I exercise 3 times a week for about one hour at a fitness center, do little or no exercise the rest of the week.
    I am in my mid 69s.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi, Moira !

Congrats on giving up smoking AND running the half ...... those are outstanding acccomplishments :drinker:

I haven't smoked in 30 years, and I don't run ....... but I do go to the gym for cardio, weights, and an occasional yoga or Zumba class ...... it's all good !

Mary Ann in New York
  • chatterboxmoira
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with you all.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am also incredibly impressed with how quickly you moved to the half distance. Great work. Marathon by the end of the year?