Net calories - looking for inspiration!

Options
Hi all,

Just looking for friends who have an open diary who frequently net close to their calorie goal - on days like today where i do a fair amount of cardio, I'm finding it difficult to eat back any, never mind all of my exercise calories so that my net calories aren't ridiculously low.
So, I would love it if anyone who has cracked this would add me so i can draw inspiration form their diaries!

Thanks in advance!
x

Replies

• ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food journal. I like that you're eating healthy. One thing you might consider is putting a snack in between your meals and/or having a healthy snack after your workout (aka, recovery eating).

I don't know the answer to your issue but I can identify with your problem. I also note that I have a similar problem in terms of percentages, multiplied by 2, i.e., I have been eating in the low 2k calories and burning in the low 4k calories range. It can be a challenge to eat enough calories if you constrain yourself to take in healthy, nutritious food and avoid either chemicals or empty calories.
  • 2LoveEnnisMccall6
    Options
    You can add me, i net between 1800-2200. & have a open diary and can help you to get your cals up
  • RichardDickCobb
    RichardDickCobb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Let's do it together! Glad to share my success with you!

Regards,

• ellend17
    ellend17 Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I think that's partly why i'm struggling - finding it tough to eat enough calories without eating white carbs or processed food. But am trying to bulk up my lunches for work as of tomorrow so that should help :)
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Try calorie dense foods. Nuts, almond or peanut butter, full fat cheese, etc. can all be ways of getting up calories and dietary fat without having to stuff yourself. Protein powder is a good option as well (I usually have a scoop in soy milk after a workout to get some sustenance in me while I cook). If you are feeling full at meals, eat less food but more often. Bring fruit with you (canned pinapple is particularly easy and has no added sugar).