Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I log Insanity as "circuit training" in MFP
  • too2taf
    too2taf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Some of the estimates needed to be adjusted. On some days you are a maniac and you burn loads and on some days you don't burn as much. As I said, I got a HRM a week later and that is definitely more accurate. It's a usable stop gap while you get a monitor to be truthful otherwise you are really making a stab in the dark which will affect the calorie adjustment from MFP.
  • sharpdagger
    sharpdagger Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Glad you liked it. For me, water breaks aren't really breaks so much as a) do I run to the fridge to fill up my water glass again, or b) do I run to grab another sweat towel.

I hope you enjoy adding in Cardio Abs later on. It really is a nice burn.

Thanks. I did that today actually. i had to run to the fridge to fill up my water bottle (paused of course). It still feels like a break...ha ha. Pouring the water in the bottle is a break.

I noticed breaks weren't as big of an issue today. It just comes with time I guess. Today was day 6 for me. I hate hate hate "Level 1 drills" and it makes me wonder what level 2 drills will be like. LOL

I still can't do the running Heisman well. The regular one I'm fine with and i can do it if i end with lifting the inside leg but I see they all end with lifting the outside leg. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong but tomorrow is my off day. I'll probably put it in and check the steps.

Now that I've finished a whole week, i know I can do it. I'm really not scared anymore!

Even though I don't like doing the stretches, I enjoy it in a way because I know it is eating into the time! LOL It's almost like a break.
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    Some of the estimates needed to be adjusted. On some days you are a maniac and you burn loads and on some days you don't burn as much. As I said, I got a HRM a week later and that is definitely more accurate. It's a usable stop gap while you get a monitor to be truthful otherwise you are really making a stab in the dark which will affect the calorie adjustment from MFP.

Thanks...but in general, the estimates overestimated the calories burnt right?
  • too2taf
    too2taf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep, they did! ????. Quite disappointed after I saw my burn on the HRM????
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    I log Insanity as "circuit training" in MFP

Thanks for the info.

By the way people, if some of you want to chime in on how you are doing on insanity right here in this thread, that would be cool. i don't feel like joining a full facebook group with challenge etc. but i enjoy hearing your stories and excitement. Misery loves company! i like hearing others are getting abused too. LOL
  • sharpdagger
    Options

Thanks...I won't bother with them then. I would rather underestimate than kid myself. I think the high impact aerobics underestimates so I'm fine with that.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Finishing up week 1 of Month 2 right now. It is insane. I thought month one was tough, but it doesn't even compare to month two. It's hard, but not impossible. I'm not losing any weight, in fact gained 2 lbs this week and have only lost 3 lbs in total, but the inches are falling off and my fitness level has improved a ton. I feel like I could do any work out now after doing this.
  • sharpdagger
    Options

In general though, I would think heart rate monitors couldn't be accurate. It doesn't make sense to me.

Sure, they can give you an idea of how hard your body is working and your heart...but:

1. It would not know if you are moving just part of your body or multiple areas of your body.
    2. This would especially be important during recovery...where if you used your whole body and worked to exhaustion, a bunch of the calorie usage would come from recovery.
    3. that HRM is probably more effective in guessing the aerobic parts and not so much the anaerobic muscle training like the push ups, the stretching etc.

So it is possible that those estimates give you the impact calorie-wise of the workout including during and after and considering what body parts are used vs the hear monitor which just focuses on during and tries to generalize by how oxygen deficient you become and the demand on your heart.
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    Finishing up week 1 of Month 2 right now. It is insane. I thought month one was tough, but it doesn't even compare to month two. It's hard, but not impossible. I'm not losing any weight, in fact gained 2 lbs this week and have only lost 3 lbs in total, but the inches are falling off and my fitness level has improved a ton. I feel like I could do any work out now after doing this.

That's cool to hear.

So tell me, does the "Level 1 Drill" get easier? Is there a harder "level 2 Drill"? LOL

I've heard others say most of their weight fell off month 2 so hang in there. It makes sense to me that most would be month 2 since month 2 seems longer. ...like closer to an hour instead of closer to 40 min. Maybe I'm wrong.

Are you one of those people with very little to lose?
  • stacw1987
    stacw1987 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm on round 1 - day 11! I absolutely love Insanity! I love Shaun T and how he pushes you! I don't find him annoying like other instructors and I can not wait to see the results!

It is hard and it will push you but make sure you listen to him and get your form correct! Form first, then speed!

Good luck! Feel free to add me! :-)
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    I'm on round 1 - day 11! I absolutely love Insanity! I love Shaun T and how he pushes you! I don't find him annoying like other instructors and I can not wait to see the results!

It is hard and it will push you but make sure you listen to him and get your form correct! Form first, then speed!

Good luck! Feel free to add me! :-)

Congrats! Yeah...I like him too. LOL -round 1 day 6 here!
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    Really liking Insanity.

Now that i see how it works, I think I might be able to create some fun exercises when its done that i enjoy to keep the body moving.

One I just made up involves stairs:

-5 quick push ups towards the stair that is directly across from your chest with arms straight (you can go one higher to work upper chest or one lower to work lower chest).

-Hold position then jog your feet up the stairs as high as you can go (arms still on same stair) then back down 3 times then stop with feet at the bottom.

-next with feet at bottom squat down and touch the first step then jump up to the sky with arms up from there. Do this 8 times

Then repeat.

I like it. If you do that sequence fast enough, you will get a good cardio work out.
  • mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ive completed twice! Now on P90X and its easier!
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    Ive completed twice! Now on P90X and its easier!

Cool.

How much weight did you lose on it each time?
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    My thoughts

1. Your body does get more used to it by the second week. I'm no longer scared.

2.As much as I hate stretching, i enjoy it because it's your break and it eats up time. LOL It's like cheating.

3. I might start running on the treadmill again on Wednesday in addition to insanity. i miss it. I wasn't sure i could do both but I think i can. I'll just cut the running to 30 -40 min instead of an hour.

4. with the 123 Heisman, i don't feel so bad no...I've noticed some of them lift inside leg up (he doesn't. He lifts outside leg). I CAN do it lifting inside leg with no problem. I just can't do it lifting outside leg. Now that i see others are doing it my way I'm fine.

Day 8 and feeling great!

I must admit I'm not following the nutrition plan perfectly (with the 5 small meals). i do have my own recovery drink. I am following the total calorie guidelines (except me messing up for two days-carb cravings...I forgive myself).
  • sbarnes
    sbarnes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For accurate calorie tracking ideally you want to use a heart rate monitor. But failing that you can use this website http://insanitycalories.com/ which allows you to add you weight and intensity against the specific workout and gives you a figure of calories burned. How accurate it is I really do not know but I've used it. You can add the workouts to the database yourself on the same page that you search for workouts at the bottom of the box that lists the matching workouts.

Hope this helps!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 1 of Month 2 yesterday (still have todays workout to do)

My god, what a difference between months.... I wasnt too uncoordinated on Month 1 but by the time by brain, legs and arms get the gist of the exercise im supposed to be doing... They change the set lol

Im sure ill catch on as I start to repeat discs :)

still loving it tho :D
  • Bellabooksa
    Bellabooksa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started Monday and so far am really liking it! I am sore, but must show I'm doing something right! :) I'm trying to follow the eating plan and I'm try to log all my food and beverages daily. I sent you a friend request too! :)