Fun ways to incorporate Kids and daily exercise

Options
Hi I am a mother of two older kids (10 and 7) and my workouts normally include them. I am very fortunate that the area I live in has great trails and bike paths but i am looking for something fun that I can get them into for the winter.
My current workouts are taking them on the bike path where they ride and I run or I can ride with them at a really slow pace.
Any Ideas would be great. It was really easy when they were younger cause they both loved yoga.

Thanks Cheryl

Replies

• AlekiaH
    AlekiaH Posts: 15
    Options
    Anything out doors is usually good. You say hiking trails are around and the first one up or down the trail is the winner. Swimming it's summer and the kids love to play in water usually, laps, treading water for the longest. Pulling weeds together is believe it or not exercise. Washing the car together.
  • AlekiaH
    AlekiaH Posts: 15
    Options
    Sorry didn't read right you said winter, I love to ice-scate, down hill ski, sledding, snow shoeing, hiking, Exercise out doors just bundle up. I know when trudging through snow or cold weather you burn more calories.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Swimming is great year round, if you're close to an indoor pool. Tubing/Sledding are great you'll get an awesome workout hauling the sled back up to the top of the hill. My kids get a kick out of helping shovel when it snows, course they tend to just pile it in front of me :laugh:

I didn't look at where you're located but you could look into skiing (downhill or cross country) or snow shoeing.
  • otpeds
    otpeds Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My son actually got me hooked on DDR...I am very competitive so I am constantly trying to beat my previous scores. It is the most fun exercise I have ever done!
  • annitin
    annitin Posts: 14
    Options
    My grandkids workout with me and my daughter. My son is our personal trainer and he gives them special exercises to do since they are 9 and 6. He keeps them moving and they encourage us and keep asking if we are okay. It's great!
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I drag all three of my kids (ages 7, 4 and 2) down in the living room floor with me and we do pushups and situps together. They love it. My wife also brings them to my races when I run. They love to wait for me at the finish line and then come out and run the last 50 yards or so with me.
  • Kushiel32
    Options
    Thank you all for your great ideas. I pulled out my dusty DDR last week and the kids have totalyy gotten into that I am now trying to beat my daughter (grimace)