vegetarian keto ! wish me luck !

Options
Day 5 !
Feels better post that keto flu but unfortunately indulged in some fruits today !
Difficult to stay off fruits after being a strict vegan for 3 years (which made me drop 10 pounds initially but increased by sweet cravings like anything).
Tuff part is to convince my family for not eating grains (roti, dahl, rice STAPLE) and my doctor father who keeps forcing me to have them !
My schedule for most of the days:
Break fast : Post workout smoothie
few pieces of any fruit + full fat home made curd(1/2 cup) + fresh cream (1/2 cup) + Ground flax seeds/ walnuts
Snack 1 : few pieces of almond/ peanut/ cashew nut fried in clarified butter.
Lunch : vegetables fried in butter + half a cup curd ( keeps me cool )
Snack 2 : Green tea with coconut oil ( 2 tbs spoon) + 1/2 ounce of peanuts fried in clarified butter
Dinner : double egg omlette with vegetables and cheddar cheese
sweet dish : heavy cream with stevia .

But this food is leaving me hungry at end of the day. And, i have developed weird love handles all of a sudden ! Feels pathetic and demotivated :frown:

Help :(

Replies

• sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I tried vegan keto too.Unlike you, i held out for 12 weeks straight without any cheat meals but totally bombed after that! Can you eat low carb forever ? Living in India plus following a Vegan lifestyle,you hardly have many food choices.Do you still think you can do this forever.
    If not,i would suggest you start taking in a balanced diet instead or eventually,you are gonna gain back all the weight plus some more.
  • shruti90
    shruti90 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not a vegan anymore ! i take high fat dairy and eggs and occasional meat (trying secretly ).But : (
    i am dying to get my shape back ! i hate hate abdominal fat ! No diet works and i work out like crazy even during my end terms. I can somehow sense logic in Keto diets . Need good advice and support .
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Crazy times! I am trying to figure out how to do low-carb, low-cal while vegetarian and I can't seem to do it without protein shakes.I feel averse to eating all that fat too- even though I know in my head that it is ok.

I am doing well at keeping my grains and starches down, but my sugars are high bc of my fruit intake. Trying to manage my macro goals is seeming impossible. I don't even LIKE protein shakes, and they certainly aren't paleo.
  • shruti90
    Options
    Deep inside i feel guilty to add those processed cheese and low carb crackers into my diet ! Can feel the chemical right away . Yuck ! This diet can work wonders, but people like us need help. I went against my family (Indians imagine !) and tried eating meat / chicken whatever. But i hated it . All those bones and veins creeped me out .
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Deep inside i feel guilty to add those processed cheese and low carb crackers into my diet ! Can feel the chemical right away . Yuck ! This diet can work wonders, but people like us need help. I went against my family (Indians imagine !) and tried eating meat / chicken whatever. But i hated it . All those bones and veins creeped me out .

Yes! I tried eating meat again. I don't have moral qualms about it as long as it is ethically raised. But it was so disgusting! I bought a rotisserie chicken and deboned it, then couldn't eat it. I still get grossed out thinking about all that skin, slime and connective tissue.

Aren't you worried about your protein intake if you do not use protein powder? I did some research and it seemed impossible to ever get enough without meat and grains. No amount of flax seed is going to net us enough protein to be on a 40/30/30 type macro plan.
  • shruti90
    Options
    I have never taken anything artificial till now ! 4 whole eggs and nuts will do ! may be :ohwell:
    Protein powders create insulin spike which i cannot afford on a low carb diet . I take home made dairy (2-3 servings).
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    With all due respect; are you for real ?
    Looking at your picture, I wonder why you would want to lose weight. If I were in your place I would eat a bit more ( including Dhal, roti, dossa, idli and all the other good stuff ) and do some weightlifting to look healthier.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    are you diabetic?