At What Point Did You Notice A Difference?

Options
I'm down about 20 pounds, and I don't see much of a difference. I know a good part of this is due to the fact that I do look in the mirror at myself every day so it is tough to see a change, but when did you start to see it and when you did not what did you do to keep yourself motivated to keep going?

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 20 pounds, and I don't see much of a difference. I know a good part of this is due to the fact that I do look in the mirror at myself every day so it is tough to see a change, but when did you start to see it and when you did not what did you do to keep yourself motivated to keep going?

I think I actually SAW a difference at about 20 pounds. But how are your clothes feeling??
  • blackeraser
    Options
    I noticed a difference not by how many pounds. It was after a certain amount of TIME. I noticed my flat stomach after a month.
  • ethanajs
    ethanajs Posts: 6
    Options
    Well I know the opposite of this, I was working on my car and I bent over and noticed something and was like "Oh god, oh god what's happened...what the hell is this thing attached to my stomach!!!" "Well crap.....back to the routine..."

Unfortunately I noticed my weight gain after I gained about 20 pounds...
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I never notice a difference because I see myself everyday. People notice a difference usually and after you hear someone say something about it for the 4th-5th-10th time, you know something has changed.

Also, I take a before pic before getting into any dieting/exercise/goal oriented routine. Take an after pic after reaching or nearing your goal and look at them side-by-side. You will see the difference then. Seriously...take those pics of yourself (You don't have to post them). Keep them for your personal use and then look at them again. You'll thank yourself for it after you put in some hard work to reach your goal.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my clothes fit better long before I saw any changes in appearance. I second the advice to take pictures. I've taken them after about every 5 pounds lost, and I can't really see a difference between them. But if I compare the one I took when I started and the one I took when I had lost 20 lbs., I could definitely see the difference!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Between 30 and 35 pounds, my face shape changed from round back to oval and several people noticed that.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I'm still not seeing it. I even take monthly pics and they look the same. I know there are changes, I can feel more toned arms and legs but I still don't see it. My clothing style has always been baggy, so only a few tighter pieces feel any different. More people are commenting on it so I know it's there, but my brain doesn't.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 10 pounds. But I have noticed it in my tummy. My fat tummy is a bit looser, not as hard of fat. And it doesn't poke out as much.
  • a56jml
    a56jml Posts: 2
    Options
    It is hard to see the weight loss yourself at first....I think for me it was around 25-30lbs. I find other people notice the change in your body and it takes a while to see the changes in your own body as you perceive yourself to look a certain way. Sounds like you are on the right track having lost 20lbs (impressive), I'm sure you will see the change soon :smile:
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Took me around 25 pounds before noticing anything, I now see very minor changes daily and minor changes regularly, it will be different for everyone but as a general rule for bigger people losing weight (like myself) usually it seems to be 2-4 months before they see a proper difference :)
  • zinatara
    zinatara Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm down 23 pounds and lately I've noticed my tummy is a lot smaller. I felt I looked pregnant when I was at my max weight and even got asked when my due date was one time. I think it's a combination of loosing fat and that my food choices makes me less bloated.

I also see that my clothes are getting bigger on me. My pants are getting quite loose around my waist and there will be no more muffin top for me.

I can't say I see a big difference when looking in the mirror, but I do see it in photographs. And maybe the biggest difference is that I'm in much better shape now. One of the things that made me really want to loose weight was that I noticed I got out of breath when I bent down to pick something up or tied my shoes. Sometimes I even got my kids to pick things up for me from the floor. That was just so wrong for a woman with small kids in her early thirties, I hope the next time I have a problem with bending down to pick something up is when I'm old and grey. Now I have no problem with this anymore and I feel myself getting in better shape all the time.