Should I Use Protein Powder? Please help

Hi i am wondering if I should buy some protein powder to add into my food, i have lost 31lb since January and am doing well with my diet even though i only do very light exercise, would it be worth my while, if so please can you recomend one for me to use, thank you.
PS I am in the UK :-)

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Why do you think you need to add Protein powder?
  • leroyizzy
    leroyizzy Posts: 55
    I recently started adding protein powder... I drink a lot of smoothies so it was an easy decision for me... Although I am weight training and trying to increase my protein to balance out my macros!
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    I was wondering if it would help to loose more weight and make me feel fuller after meals? :-)
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    You have done great so far without so why change anything
  • samsteve2012
    yes that is true thank you :-)
  • I use whey 80 which is standard one from protein works and im in the UK.
    ive got 9 different flavours, there all lush i use the powder in porridge, greek style yogs and shakes.
    i love having a lot of protein in my diet, as i like working out with weights..i still eat chicken, eggs but its a good/easy way to get more protein into your day. i think you should deffo try some :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    If you are having trouble hitting your protein then yes.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Like I say if you are hitting you're macros from real food that's what you should be aiming for,you will benefit more from food than powder,if you have a problem getting enough protein from your diet which if your not weight training you shouldn't then no problem using protein powder as a SUPPLEMENT,not a food and a deficit is what you need to lose weight so adding some extra cals to your diet for this purpose is counterproductive
  • samsteve2012
    i dont appear to be reaching my protein targets i always seem to be slightly under, i might try some protein powder and just have a little in my porridge or yoghurt in a morning, thanks everyone :-)
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Since you said you aren't reaching your protein goal, add some protein powder if you would like. I use protein powder to hit my goal unless I have an extra serving of meat which is enough to fulfill my protein goal.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    I like to use it because I'm always really short on my protein and potassium. It helps me to add extra's into my shake, get more nutrients and really fills me up!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Good lord, why not just eat REAL protein, like beef, lamb, chicken, pork??? Why powder? Sounds revolting to me.