low carb people

Options
rAc_hEl
rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
Im starting low carbs today and was wondering how low can you go? I have most of my day complete with only 78 carbs. is it too low or no?

Replies

• amyslocombe
    Options
    I've been eating under 40 for the past 9 weeks and along with working out everyday, ive lost 2 stone. Im hungry most of the time mind x
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a universal answer. It's sort of like how calories vary from person to person.

If you are hungry all the time on low carb then add more low/no carb snacks, like veggies or cheese. One of the things I love about low carb is that I am rarely hungry.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I eat "lower" carb and keep my carbs below 100. I do find that it helps me stay full. I workout a lot and when I go too low carb, I find I don't have enough energy. I don't eat a lot of processed food and avoid starches, flour, sugar, etc... I do have a whole wheat wrap a day and 1-2 servings of fruit. The rest is protein(eggs, nuts, meat, cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt) and vegetables(mainly spinach and broccoli and salad greens).

I still count calories of course... I'm one of those people that needs to visually see that I have eaten enough for the day and do not need to eat anymore.
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I just started this on Monday after reading about it for about a week. Seems I have been hanging out between 54-65 grams of carbs. I also exercise off and on with some light strength training and 30 minutes of cardio (Elliptical) and perhaps a treadmill if I'm going crazy.

Set yourself a goal and research foods that will help you reach your carb target (Ex: 45 grams) but also reach your calorie goal for the day. Use exercise (if you are doing that) to balance out if you go over your calorie limit. It's a lot but the tools are here for you to use to get into the swing of things. Monday I was 210.6lbs and now I'm 203.4lbs so something is going right. Good luck!

BTW: I'm just doing this for experimentation. I felt good with my weight but just want to see how much control I have over this and am trying to have fun with it.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I've been averaging about 85-90g per day for the last few months. I eat high-fiber flatbread once a day, and a high fiber cracker (Dr. Kracker usually) with my morning snack. I'm never hungry ... I have cheese with my cracker for a mid morning snack, and a handful of nuts for an afternoon snacks. Sometimes I'll have a couple of hard-boiled eggs for a snack, or an avocado.

I find it's hard to feel hungry when I snack on good fats and protein.
  • yaybazinga
    yaybazinga Posts: 54
    Options
    does anyone else have trouble meeting their calories with low carb? I don't even go that low, the last couple of days I averaged 100 g a day. In order to meet my calories I often end up with about 40 percent of fat a day, is that too much even though it's all healthy fats?